1.牙医终于把药棉从我嘴里取出后,我才能告诉他他给我拔错牙了。
After the dentist at last removed the cotton wool from my mouth, I was able to tell him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth.
2.他的话消除了我们的困惑。
His words blew away our confusion.
3.过去两年的一切努力将付之东流。
All the efforts of the last two years will be blown away.
4.那件事很快从他脑海中烟消云散了。
The matter was soon swept away from his mind.
5.飞机起飞后不久便坠毁了。
The airplane crashed soon after takeoff.
6.股票行情暴跌。
The stock market crashed.
7.第一眼看上去这个问题似乎很容易。
At first glance, the problem seemed easy.
8.以目前的发展情况,我认为这一步不可取。
In view of the recent developments, I do not think this step is advisable.
9.妻子对我的投资计划持悲观的看法。
My wife takes a dim view of my investment plan.
10.他们拼命向前挤,想看得清楚些。
They pushed forward for a better view.
11.仍然有几个悬而未决的问题。
There are still quite a few problems left unsolved.
12.只有无需代价,自由才会被珍视。
Liberty is cherished only in so far as it costs nothing.
13.只要你是我们学院的学生就可以使用我们图书馆的设施。
Insofar as you are a student of our college, you have access to our library facilities.
14.我是不会被这样站不住脚的借口敷衍过去的。
I won't be put off with such flimsy excuses.
15.我想写东西,可是窗外不断传来的喧闹声使我定不下心来。
I was trying to write, but the continuous noise outside the window put me off.
16.奶酪看起来迷人,但气味让我烦。
The cheese looks appealing, but the smell puts me off.
17.投资上海经济回报率高。
Investing in Shanghai yields high economic returns.
18.她有很多美德,如忠诚、勇敢、率真。
Among her many virtues are loyalty, courage, and truthfulness.
19.这所学校有其短处,也有其长处。
The school has its drawbacks and it has its virtues.
20.我给你开张支票。
I'll write out a check for you.
21.支票台头怎么写?
Who do I make the check out to?
22.很高兴你自己提出来了—这可省得我再豁出脸皮去问了。
I'm glad you offered—it saved me the embarrassment of having to ask.
23.我们都曾因一生中某个时间的私心杂念而愧疚过。
We've all been guilty of selfishness at some time in our lives.
24.房间里的一切都井然有序。
Everything in the room is in good order.
25.他的经济状况每况愈下。
His financial situation is getting from bad to worse.