71.You big jerk!
你这个混蛋!
Lisa’s Note: This term is always used to describe a man, not a woman.
这句话几乎总是用在男人身上,而不会用在女人身上。
【疯狂实战】
A: You big jerk!
(你这个混蛋!)
B: What did I do?
(我做什么了?)
A: I’m sorry I have to cancel our date tonight. Something’s come up.
(抱歉我不得取消我们今晚的约会,有点事情要处理。)
B: You big jerk! Something always comes up at the last minute. I’m sick of it!
(你这个混蛋!你总是在紧要关头有事情要处理,我真烦透了。)
A: I saw you in the park with another girl last night,you big jerk!
(你这个混蛋,我昨晚上在公园看到你和另一个女孩在一起!)
B: Wait a minute! That was my sister! Why are you always jumping to conclusions?
(搞清楚!那可是我妹妹!你怎么总是妄下结论啊?)
72.ass
屁股;傻瓜;蠢货;讨厌鬼
【疯狂讲解】
“ass”的本意是“屁股(butt)”的意思,由此引申出来的“傻瓜,蠢货,讨厌鬼(jerk)”在美国口语中被广泛地运用。如果只知道“ass”的字面意思,而对其引申意一无所知,当美国人吹胡子瞪眼地冲着你说了句“Kiss my ass!”时,你望文生义地照着自己理解的字面意思去做,那你闹的笑话可就大了!搞不好美国人还会告你对他进行“性骚扰(sexual harassment)呢!请大家务必要认真学习和体会以下对话中的“ass”的意思。
Kim’s Note: I really don’t know why expressions using the word “ass” are so popular in American English. I just know you hear them every day.
我真的不知道为什么美国英语中会有那么多带有“ass”的说法。我只知道你每天都能听到这些说法。
【疯狂实战】
A: Damn! She has a big ass (=butt).
(见鬼,她的屁股真肥!)
B: Shut up! Yours is bigger.
(闭嘴,你的屁股更肥。)
A: Don’t be such an ass.
(别那么讨人厌了!)
B: Who are you calling an ass?
(你说谁是讨人厌?)
A: He’s such an ass (=jerk).
(他是个讨厌鬼。)
B: I know. He’s the stupidest guy I know.
(我知道。他是我认识的人中最愚蠢的一个。)
A: Move your ass.=Move your butt.
(把你的屁股挪开/滚开。)
B: Don’t talk to me like that!
(不要这样和我说话!)
A: Look at that hot girl / good looking girl.
(瞧那个性感/靓妞。)
B: Damn! She’s a fine piece of ass.
(见鬼,她真有味。)
A: Hey,dude, can you scratch my back?
(嘿,哥们,帮我挠挠背好吗?)
B: Kiss my ass. Scratch it yourself.
(滚,你自己挠吧)
A: Don’t mess with him, he’s bad ass.
(不要跟他乱来,那家伙有两下子。)
B: I’ ll be fine.
(没事儿。)
A: Hey man, nice car.
(喂,伙计,你的车挺漂亮的嘛!)
B: Yeah, isn’t it bad ass?
(是啊,不错吧?)
【疯狂解说】
“bad ass” 在这里相当于really great, good, cool, awesome, impressive, really tough, really bad。
【特别奉献】
学习英语目的不是为了考试,而是为了说,为了与人交流,考试只是顺便的。在日常生活中,生气骂人是常有的事,如Damn it / Shit / Shut up / Go to hell / You big jerk / Get lost!都是英美人士骂人时的常用语。为了方便记忆,我们已将它们融入了下面这一组对话中,请大家务必要反复模仿磁带,直至脱口而出!
A: Damn it, I’m sick of you always taking me for granted.
B: Shit! I don’t want to hear this garbage! I mean it.
A: I don’t care. You never listen to me. You never tell me you love me…
B: Shut up! No wonder, you’re such a nagging bitch!
A: How dare you call me that? You big jerk! Go to hell!
B: Ha! Get lost, I don’t care what you say!
【参考译文】
A:他妈的,你总是对我想当然,真烦人。
B:扯蛋!我不想听这些垃圾!我说真的。
A:我不管。你从不听我的,你从不对我说你爱我……
B:闭嘴!难怪你是那么一个唠唠叨叨的贱人!
A:你怎么可以这样叫我?你这个混蛋!去死吧你!
B: 哈!滚开,你说什么我都不在乎!