DANNY MCNEIL: I don' t know what' s happened to your boss. 丹尼.麦克内尔:不知道你老板有什么事。
He knows I never start my meetings late. 他知道我从不晚开会的。
Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around? 你要在这儿等堂还是四处走走?
Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around?
爱德华.格林:如果你没什么问题,我想四处走走。
DANNY MCNEIL: Good choice. 丹尼.麦克内尔:选的不错。
DANNY McNEIL: Of course, I have two or three meetings a day with sales people like you.
丹尼.麦克内尔:当然,我每天和跟你一样的销售人员开2、3次会。
EDWARD GREEN It' s very good of you to see me. 爱德华.格林: 你能来看我真是太好了。
DANNY MCNEIL: I always talk to my suppliers myself--it' s the best way of working.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我一直跟我的供应商讲--这是最佳的工作方式。
And I always prefer to bring them down here--they get a better idea of our operation.
并且我总是把他们带到这里--他们会有更好的运营想法。
They must understand how we work. 他们必须明白我们是怎样工作的。
Our success is based upon a certain formula. 我们的成功是有一定的规则的。
Whereas most supermarkets target individual territories, our products are pan-European.
尽管大多数超市把目标市场定在单个的区域,我们的产品是面向全欧洲的。
We always buy in the products with the best sales performance--products with a proven track record. 我们总是购买销售最佳的产品--那些被证明有记录的产品。
We look for the biggest discounts, and we usually get them. 我们寻求最大的优惠,通常我们也会得到最大的优惠。
DANNY MCNEIL: Mcneil. 丹尼.麦克内尔:麦克内尔。
DON BRADLEY: Danny, it' s Don Bradley here. 堂.布拉德利:丹尼,我是堂.布拉德利 。
DANNY MCNEIL: Good Morning, Don. 丹尼.麦克内尔:早上好, 堂。
I thought I was meeting you here. 我原以为会在这里跟你见面的。
DON BRADLEY: I' m sorry Danny. 堂.布拉德利:对不起,丹尼。
That was the plan, but I' m going to be late. 本来计划是这样的,但我会迟点。
This meeting is taking longer than expected. 这次会议比预期的要长。
DANNY MCNEIL: Oh. When can you get here? 丹尼.麦克内尔:哦。你什么时候可以到这里?
DON BRADLEY: I' ll be there as soon as I can. 堂.布拉德利:我会尽快赶到那里。
Is Edward with you? 爱德华跟你一起吗? DANNY MCNEIL: He is. 丹尼.麦克内尔:他在。
DON BRADLEY: Could you start the meeting without me? 堂.布拉德利:你可以不要管我,开始开会吗?
Edward knows the situation. 爱德华知道情况。 Oh, and can I have a quick word with him?
哦,我能跟他很快地说两句吗?
DANNY MCNEIL: I' ll pass the phone to him. 丹尼.麦克内尔:我会把电话给他。
DANNY McNEIL: Okay. It' s for you--it抯 Don Bradley, he抯 got a problem. 丹尼.麦克内尔:好的。找你的--是堂.布拉德利,他出点问题。
EDWARD GREEN: Oh, thanks. 爱德华.格林:哦,谢谢。
DANNY MCNEIL: Would you like a word in private? 丹尼.麦克内尔:你们要私下谈吗?
EDWARD GREEN: If you don' t mind.爱德华.格林:如果你不介意。
DON BRADLEY: Sorry Edward. 堂.布拉德利:抱歉,爱德华。
I' m stuck in a meeting here. 我还在这边开会。
You' ll have to deal with Mcneil by yourself. 你得自己对付麦克内尔了。
EDWARD GREEN: Oh. 爱德华.格林:哦。
DON BRADLEY: Can you talk? 堂.布拉德利:你说话方便吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, he' s stepped away for a few minutes. 爱德华.格林:是的,他离开了几分钟。
Do you really want me to negotiate? 你真的想让我谈判?
Wouldn' t you rather postpone the meeting? 你不能推迟会议吗?
DON BRADLEY: How do you feel about it? 堂.布拉德利:你认为呢?
EDWARD GREEN: I' m happy to go ahead, I think.
爱德华.格林:我认为,我会很高兴可以继续下去。
DON BRADLEY: You don' t sound sure. 堂.布拉德利:你语气不是很肯定啊。 EDWARD GREEN: I' m not. 爱德华.格林:是不肯定。
DON BRADLEY: Look: we' ve talked about this negotiation.
堂.布拉德利:听我说:我们谈过这次谈判。
You know the game plan. 你也知我们的计划。
Do your best...I' ll be there as soon as I can. 尽力去做……我会尽快赶过去。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay Don. 爱德华.格林:好的,堂。
I' ll do what I can. See you later. 我会尽力的。稍后见。
DANNY MCNEIL: Okay? 丹尼.麦克内尔:好了?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, thanks. 爱德华.格林:是的,谢谢。
DANNY MCNEIL: So Don can' t make it. 丹尼.麦克内尔:这么说堂赶不及了。 Oh well, right, what was I saying? 哦,好吧,我刚刚说到哪儿了?
Oh yes: discounts. 哦,对了:优惠。
EDWARD GREEN: We' re certainly happy to talk about possible discounts. 爱德华.格林:能谈一下可能的优惠,我们是十分开心的。
DANNY MCNEIL: You see this? 丹尼.麦克内尔:你看到了吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes. 爱德华.格林:是的。
DANNY MCNEIL: How many of these do you think we' ve sold in Europe in the last month? 丹尼.麦克内尔:你认为我们上个月在欧洲售出了多少?
EDWARD GREEN: 1,800 - 2,000. 爱德华.格林:1,800 - 2,000件。
DANNY McNEIL: We sell more than that weekly. 丹尼.麦克内尔:我们每周的销售量都比这多。
EDWARD GREEN: How much do you sell it for? 爱德华.格林:你们的定价是多少呢?
DANNY MCNEIL: This retails in France for 130 FF--we sell it much cheaper--90FF.
丹尼.麦克内尔:这个在法国的零售价是130法郎--我们卖的很便宜--90法郎。 EDWARD GREEN: That' s very impressive. 爱德华.格林:很不错嘛。
DANNY MCNEIL: I work on higher volumes and I have to move products faster than any other retailer. 丹尼.麦克内尔:我们做的是更大的量,我必须比其他的零售商工作要快。
That means I operate on smaller margins. 这就意味着我的利润率很低。
And, I repeat, I expect the largest discounts in the industry. 我再次重复,我想要这行里最大的优惠。
A But over here--here' s a product that failed. 但,这儿--这个产品我们没有成功。
We made a mistake with this one--of course, I didn' t select this one myself. 我们在这个产品上犯了错--当然,这个不是我本人选的产品。
Right you' ve seen how our operation works. 好了,你也了解了我们的运作情况。
You know what I' m after. 你也知道我想要的是什么。
Let' s get down to business. 我们就公事公办吧。
Would you prefer to talk here or in my office? 你愿意在这儿还是到我的办公室谈?
EDWARD GREEN: The office is fine. 爱德华.格林:到办公室吧。