新英语900句视频版 第32课:奥尼尔的掩护 文本如下:MR.NIKZAD: Captain, would you tell me who is responsible for catching the thieves? I'd like to thank him personally.
警长,您可不可以告诉我,逮捕那些贼的人是谁?我想亲自向他道谢.
CAPT.JAMISON: You know him.
你认识他的.
MR.NIKZAD: I do?
真的?
CAPT.JAMISON: But I must ask you not to tell anyone who he is.
不过,我必须请你不要告诉任何人他是谁,
CAPT.JAMISON: He's one of our undercover men.
他是我们的一个便衣警员.
MR.NIKZAD: Certainly.
那当然!
CAPT.JAMISON: Sergeant O'Neill. Would you step into my office?
欧尼尔警官,请到我的办公室来一下.
BILL: Captain?
什么事,警长?
MR.NIKZAD: Mr. O'Neill. The ice cream vendor! I don't believe it. Ali was right.
欧尼尔先生,那个冰淇淋贩!我真想不到!原来阿里是对的!
CAPT.JAMISON: Who was right?
谁对了?
MR.NIKZAD: My son, Ali.
我的儿子阿里.
MR.NIKZAD: He never stops talking about Mr. O'Neill.
他一天到晚都在讲欧尼尔先生.
MR.NIKZAD: He always says, "Mr. O'Neill is a secret agent."
他总是说: 「欧尼尔先生是个密探.」
CAPT.JAMISON: Sergeant, you didn't say anything to the boy, did you?
警官,你该没有对那个小孩说什么吧?
MR.NIKZAD: Captain, I'm sure he didn't have to. Ali is very... what is the word in English... imaginative.
警长,我相信他用不着说.阿里这孩子非常...
英文怎么讲...
想像力很丰富.
MR.NIKZAD: He enjoys pretending to be you, Sergeant. You are his hero.
警官,你是他心目中的英雄,他崇拜你,很喜欢学你.
BILL: He's a fine boy.
他是个好孩子.
MR.NIKZAD: And he loves talking to you about baseball.
他也很喜欢和你谈棒球.
MR.NIKZAD: He keeps trying to learn,
他一直试着学,
MR.NIKZAD: but I don't know how to play, so I can't teach him.
可是我不会玩,所以就没办法教他.
MR.NIKZAD: But tell me Sergeant, how did you know those three were thieves?
那么,警官请你告诉我,你怎么知道那三个人是强盗?
BILL: I suspected something right away.
我一开始就起疑心.
BILL: They kept walking back and forth in front of the bank.
他们在银行的门口一直走来走去,
BILL: After watching them for three days, I knew something was going to happen soon.
在注意他们三天以后,我就知道不久即会有事情发生了.
MR.NIKZAD: Why did you wait three days before acting?
你为什么要等三天才采取行动呢?
BILL: We needed more proof,
因为我们需要更多的证据,
BILL: so I started noting their movements carefully. I sold ice cream right under their noses.
所以我开始细心地观察他们的行踪.我就在他们的跟前卖冰淇淋.
MR.NIKZAD: I am impressed, Sergeant, impressed and grateful. But what a shame. Ali can never know he was right.
我真钦佩你,警官,钦佩又感激.但是,真可惜,阿里永远不会知道他是对的.
HUSSEIN: Ali! Did you hear? There was a robbery at Dad's bank!
阿里!你知不知道?爸爸的银行被人抢劫!
ALI: Wow! Did they take a lot of money?
哇!他们抢了很多钱吗?
HUSSEIN: No. Some undercover policemen at the Fair caught the thieves.
没有,万博会有便衣警察把强盗抓到了.
ALI: I bet Mr. O'Neill did it!
我想一定是欧尼尔先生抓的,
ALI: When I grow up, I want to be a secret agent like Mr. O'Neill.
我长大了以后,我要当密探,就像欧尼尔先生一样.
HUSSEIN: Ali, Mr. O'Neill is an ice cream vendor!
阿里,欧尼尔先生是冰淇淋摊贩!