80 Talking About Time and Date
谈论时间和日期
What's today?
今天是几号
John,my father isn't there at all.Are you kidding?
约翰,我爸爸根本不在那儿.你没开玩笑吧
Poor fellow!What's today,buddy?
可怜的家伙.哥儿们,今天是几号?
A:It's... Oh, it's the first of April,April Fools' Day!
是……哎呀,四月一日,愚人节!
B:You forgot all about it,didn't you?
B:全给忘了,是不是?
What day is today?
今天星期几?
A:What day is today?Tuesday?
今天星期几?星期二吗?
Yeah.I bet you didn't forget everything.
对,我想你没把什么事忘了吧.
What's the date today,do you know?
你知道今天的日期吗?
I bet it's May the 5th.
我想是五月五日。
What is today?
今天星期几?
What is today? Thursday.
今天星期几? 星期四.
So the weekend is coming!How about seeing a film.
周末就要到啦!去看电影怎么样?
I'd love to.
B:我很想看。
When were you born?
你什么时候出生的?
When were you born,may I ask?
A:你什么时候出生的?
On May 20,1963.
B:1963年5月20日。
Do you know what it is according to the lunar calendar?
A:你知道阴历是几号吗?
The 27th day of the fourth month.
B:四月二十七日。
What time is it,please?
请问几点了?
A:What time is it,please?
A:请问几点了?
Five before four.Oh,no.My watch has stopped!
差五分四点.啊,不对,我的表停了!
A:It must be around 7.I'll set it by the radio.
一定在七点左右.我得听收音机调一下
Can you tell me the time?
请问几点了?
A:Can you tell me the time?I've got an appointment at 8:30.
A:几点了?我八点半有约会。
B:It's 8 sharp by my watch.
B:我的表正好八点。
A:Gee!There's only 30 minutes to go.
A:呀,只有三十分了。
Have you got the time?
几点了?
A:Have you got the time?
A:几点了?
B:My watch says half past five.
B:我的表五点半。
A:Does your watch keep good time?
A:你的表准吗?
B:Oh,yeah.It loses only a few seconds in a whole month.
B:准,一个月只差几秒钟。
Could you tell(give) the time?
几点了?
A:Could you tell me the time?
A:能告诉我们几点了吗?
B:Of course,it's a little after six.
B:当然,六点过一点儿。
A:That's good.We have time on our hands.
A:还好,我们还有时间。
Let's go for a walk.
B:咱们散散步吧。
What time do you have?
你知道几点了吗?
A:What time do you have?
A:你知道几点了吗?
B:A quarter past five.
B:五点一刻。
A:I must be off now.I'm pressed for time.
A:我该走了,时间很紧。
See you.
B:再见!
What time is it by your watch?
你的表几点了?
A:What time is it by your watch?
A:你的表几点了?
B:I'm sorry my watch has stopped.
B:对不起,我的表停了。
A:It's 2:42 by my watch.But it moves a bit fast.
我的表2:42,可是有点儿快。
B:Let's ask someone else.
B:我们问问别人吧。
How goes the enemy?
几点了?
A:How goes the enemy?
A:几点了?
It's 7:30.
B:7:30。
Is the clock(watch) right?
表准吗?
A:Is the clock right?
A:表准吗?
B:I'm afraid it gains a little.
B:恐怕有点儿快。
A:By how many minutes? Two.
A:快几分钟?B:两分钟。
It'll begin...
……开始。
A:Could you tell me when the film will begin?
A:请问电影几点开始?
B:It'll begin at 5:30.
B:5:30
A:I'm afraid I can't be there on time.
A:恐怕我难以准时到那儿了。
B:You can see it tomorrow.
B:你可以明天看嘛。
When do you want to start?
你要几时开始?
A:When do you want to start?
A:你要几时开始啊?
B:There's no time like the present.
B:最好是现在啦。
A:Shall we do it now?
A:现在做好吗?
B:This is neither the time nor the place.
B:这不是做事的时间和地点。
A:Will it be all right tomorrow?
A:明天怎么样?
B:Take your time.
B:慢慢来,不用急。
Let's make it eight o'clock.
咱们定在八点钟吧。
A:Do you think I should do it now?
A:你认为我现在该做了吗?
B:Yeah,it's about the time.
B:不错,是时候了。
A:How about this evening?
A:今天晚上怎么样?
B:Ok,let's make it eight o'clock.
B:好的,咱们定在八点钟吧。
How long will it take...to do...?
做……需要多长时间?
A:How long will it take you to write your paper?
A:你写论文需要多长时间?
B:It'll take about a fortnight.
B:大约两周。
A:How long will the field work take?
A:实习要多长时间?
B:A month will do.
B:一个月就够了。
How long/may...?
多长/多少……?
A:I'll be away for a few days.
A:我要出去几天。
B:How many days exactly? A:It depends.
B:到底几天?A:看情况吧。
B:Call me as soon as you're back.
B:回来就给我打电话。
Have you been here long?
你到这儿很久了吗?
A:Sorry I'm late.Have you been here long?
对不起,我迟到了.你到这儿很长时间了吗
B:Not very long.I arrived here on the dot.
B:不长,我准时到的。
A:Shall we start? B:OK.
我们开始好吗?B:好吧。
A century rolls away.
一个世纪过去了。
A:Do you know how the story begins?
A:故事是怎样开始的吗
You know,they begin with "Long long ago
噢,还不都是“很久很久以前
once upon a time,or a century rolls away,that sort of thing".
一个世纪过去了之类的话。
How does it ends?
A:怎么结尾的呢?
"Time continues,times flies,and this world remains."
时光流逝,光阴荏苒,日月如梭,世界依旧
When was this building set up?
你知道这栋楼是什么时候建的吗?
A:When was this building set up,do you know?
你知道这栋楼是什么时候建的吗?
B:In the first half of the 17th century.\
B:十七世纪上半叶
Probably it was during the late years of the Ming Dynasty.\
大概是明朝晚期。
A:It's pretty old but it's still strong.
够古老的,可是还蛮结实的。
B:Ancient Chinese building are always more durable.
中国古建筑都很牢固。
n. 日历,月历,日程表
vt. 把 ...