The Flower Market
逛花市
Kathy and Evan ride to one of the city's flower markets.
凯西和艾凡骑车到市内的一个花市。
K:This is heaven! I love these bikes. They take you everywhere.
凯西:简直是天堂!我好爱这些自行车。它们可以载你到任何地方。
This city is so bicycle-friendly!
这个城市很多方面都为骑单车方便设想!
E:I can't get over how many people ride bicycles here. It's like China!
艾凡:我很讶异这里有这么多人骑自行车。好象中国大陆嘛!
K:You've never been there!
凯西:你从没去过那里呀!
E:Well, I watch CNN, you know.
艾凡:嗯,我看CNN新闻节目,你知道的。
K:OK, Mr. Know-It-All. Anyway, it's so easy to get around with all these bicycle trails and places to park your bikes.
凯西:好吧,万事通先生。不管怎么样,有这些自行车车道和停放自行车的地方要到哪儿都很容易。
E:Let's park by this flower market and walk around.
艾凡:咱们把自行车停在这个花市旁边,四处走走逛逛吧。
K:Fine with me. Hey! Where are all the tulips?
凯西:我没意见。嘿!郁金香都到哪里去了?
E:They're out of season. It's summer, remember?
艾凡:它们不是这个季节的花卉。现在是夏天,记得吧?
Tulips and daffodils come out in spring.
郁金香和水仙花是春天的花卉。
K:That's right. Anyway, we can enjoy all these other beauties.
凯西:没错。但是,我们仍可欣赏其它所有美丽的花。
Roses, irises, and daisies. Mmm! Everything smells fresh.
玫瑰、鸢尾花和雏菊。嗯!每样东西闻起来都好清香。
E:It's too bad we can't take these home. Well, we can, in a way.
艾凡:我们不可以把这些花带回家去,真是太可惜了。不过,我们还是可以的,用一种方式。
K:How's that?
凯西:怎样的方式呢?
E:Stand next to these flower pots. I'll take your picture with the flowers as a souvenir.
艾凡:站在盆栽旁边。我拍一张你和这些花的合照留作纪念。