All's Well That Ends Well
善终为善
On the way back from the embassy, Kathy and Evan stop in a city park.
从大使馆回来的路上,凯西和艾凡在一座市立公园停下来。
K:Oh. Evan. I'm so embarrassed! I can't believe I misplaced my passport.
凯西:哦,艾凡。我好尴尬哦!真不敢相信我竟然忘记我把护照放哪儿了。
E:Well, I guess you've learned a good lesson from all this.
艾凡:嗯,我猜这一番折腾让你得到了一个很好的教训。
K:You bet I have! For one thing, I'm going to keep a close eye on my passport and other travel documents from now on.
凯西:那还用说!举一个例子吧,从现在开始,我会紧盯着我的护照和其它旅游文件。
E:That's good. Anything else?
艾凡:太好了。还有别的吗?
K:Yes! I'm going to put away my clothes as soon as I return to the hostel each time.
凯西:有!以后一回旅社我就会收拾我的衣服。
If I hadn't just thrown my coat onto the bed the other day, I might have checked the pockets before hanging it up.
如果前几天我不是回去就把衣服往床上丢的话,我就会在挂外套前检查口袋了。
E:That would have been a good idea. It's good to be organized.
艾凡:要是当时你那么想就好了。有条有理是不会错的。
K:I envy you, Evan. You're always so well-organized.
凯西:艾凡,我好羡慕你。你一向很有条理。
E:Well, remember what I told you at the beginning of the trip?
艾凡:嗯,记得我在这趟旅行一开始时告诉过你的话吗?
K:Uh, you mean, Always be prepared?
凯西:呃,你是说:随时有备吗?
E:That's right. Gee, Kathy, it's kind of chilly. Let's head back to the hostel. Then we can have dinner, OK?
艾凡:没错。咦,凯西,有点冷了。咱们回旅社去吧。然后我们可以吃晚饭,好吗?
K:OK. And tonight it's my treat!
凯西:好的。今晚我请客!
E:That's the best idea you've had today!
艾凡:这是你今天所提的最好的主意!