Renting a Safe Deposit Box
租用银行的保管箱
Alberta Barnes is talking with the vault clerk at the First National Bank .She is asking about renting a safe deposit box .
艾伯特·巴恩斯正在与第一国民银行的保险库职员谈话,她问到租用银行保管箱的事。
Barnes:Can you tell me something about renting a safe deposit box?
巴恩斯:您能跟我谈谈有关租用银行积保管箱的情况吗?
I want to put some securities and insurance policies in a safe place .
我想把一些证券和保险单放在一个安全的地方。
Clerk:Yes,ma'am .We have three different box sizes which we can rent .
职员:好的,夫人。我们有三种不用规格的箱子可供出租。
The yearly rental fee depends on the size and location of the box .
每年的租金取决于箱子的规格大小和箱子的存放地点。
Most of people use the small size box.
大多数人租用小号的箱子,
It's just right for securities and other valuable papers.
它正好适用于证券和其他贵重票据的存放。
B:Do I have the only key to the box?
巴恩斯:是不是只有我才有这箱子的唯一的一把钥匙?
C:We will give you more than one key if you wish .But we must have signature cards for all authorized box users.
职员:如果您愿意,我们可以多给您一、两把钥匙。但是,我们必须有被批准使用箱子的那个人的签字卡片。
It requires your key and the bank's key to open a box .
打开箱子时需要使用您的钥匙和银行的钥匙。
B:What if I lost my key? I'm afraid I'm sometime very forgetful .
巴恩斯:如果我丢失了钥匙,那该怎么办?恐怕我有时是很健忘的。
C:I would encourage you not to lose it if possible.If you lose the key ,the only way to open the box is to drill it open in the presence of two bank officials in addition to yourself .
职员:我希望您尽可能别丢失它。如果您丢了钥匙,打开箱子的唯一办法就是除了您本人在场之外,还要有两个银行的职员在场,把箱子钻开。
And we would have to charge you for drilling open the box and replacing the lock .
因为钻开箱子和重新换锁,我们还要向您索取费用。
B:Well,I'd better be careful .Do I pay by the month or the year?
巴恩斯:那么,我最好还是小心点。使用费是按月支付,还是按年支付?
C:Box rental fees are payable yearly in advance .You may pay for more than one year at a time if you wish .
职员:箱子的租金是每年预先支付,如果您愿意的话,也可以一次支付几年我租金。
B:Well,let me pay you for one year now.Please show me where to sign the form .
巴恩斯:好的,我先支付一年的费用。请您告诉我到哪里去填写表格。