1.惯用口语句子:
I shouldn't have done that.
我真不该那样做。
shouldn't have done sth.“本不该做某事”
I really screwed up this time.
这次我真的把事情给弄糟了。
I really messed up.
我真的搞砸了。
I screw up=mess up“把…弄糟,搞砸”
I'm sorry to have missed the chance.
= I regret having missed the chance.
我很后悔错过了那次机会。
I regret that I was angry with my son.
= I regret being angry with my son.
我后悔不该对儿子发火。
I have regrets about not telling my friend the truth.
我后悔没有告诉朋友实话。
本句中的“regret”用作名词。
我真是很懊悔,把你最喜欢的包给弄坏了。
I feel so regretful; I have damaged your favorite bag.
damage v. 破坏,损害
My words have hurt her. If only I hadn't said it like that.
我的话伤害了她。我要是没那样讲话就好了。
hurt v. 伤害,刺痛
if only“要是…就好了”
I went a little far.
= I overdid it.
我做得有点过分。
I made a mistake.
我犯了错了
overdo v. 把…做得过分
go too(a little)far“做得太(有点儿)过分”
I really wish I hadn't done it.
= If only I hadn't done it.
我真希望我没那么做。
I feel so guilty about forgetting our anniversary.
我竟然忘了我们的周年纪念日,我感到很内疚。
guilty a. 内疚的
anniversary n. 周年纪念