2.实用对话
Asking for Directions问路
Ann: Hey, excuse me, I'm sorry to bug you. I'm trying to go to the Royal Hotel. Do you know where that is?
安:嗨、劳驾。很抱歉打扰你了。我想去皇家酒店你知道在哪儿吗?
Stranger: You walk down this street. turn left at the first intersection. Walk along that road, turn right at the corner.
After that, you make a left-hand turn at the first traffic light. The Royal Hotel is on your right side.
陌生人:沿着这条街一直走,在第一个十字路口处向左拐。再沿着那条路走,在街角处右转,然后,在第一个红绿灯处往左拐。皇家酒店就盔你的右侧。
Ann: Great! Are there any landmarks nearby?
安:太好了!附近有什么标志性的东西吗?
Stranger: I think the hotel is right across the street from the post office. It's as plain as the hump on a camel.
陌生人:我想这家酒店就在邮局的对面,它就像骆驼身上的驼峰一样明显。
Ann: Oh. that's good. Is that far from here?
安:哦,太好了。离这里远吗?
Stranger: Yeah. it's going to take you a while if you go by foot. I'd say its about a 30-minute uphill walk. You have to be
as strong as a lion to make it.
陌生人:如果你步行的话,得走一阵子呢。要我说差不多得走30分钟的上坡路,你得像狮子一样强壮才能走过去。
Ann: Oh. that will take too long. Can I take a bus there?
安:哦,那时间太长了。我能坐公共汽车去吗?
Stranger: Well. you could take a bus there. A taxi would probably be a lot quicker.
陌生人:嗯,你可以乘公共汽车,坐出租车可能会快得多。
Ann: All right. Thanks.
安:好的,多谢了。