2.实用对话
Hurrying Someone催促
Jason: Come on! It's time to go.
杰森:快点儿!该走了!
Kate: Wait a minute. Just hold your horses! What's your hurry, anyway?
凯特:等一等。你就耐心等一下吧。你急什么呢?
Jason: We've got to get gas. And there might be a bit of a line-up at the station. There was the last time I went and I don't feel like waiting too long this time.
杰森:我们得去加点油。也许还得在加油站排队呢。上次我去就是这个样子,这次我可不想再等那么长时间了。
Kate: That won't take long.
凯特:那花不了多长时间。
Jason: Well, it won't if there's no line at the pump.
杰森:是啊,如果加油站那儿没人排队就不会等那么长时间了。
Kate: Well. I'm not quite ready.
凯特:嗯,但我还没有完全准备好呢。
Jason: I'll give you five more minutes, and then I'm going without you!
杰森:我再给你五分钟,然后我就走了,不带你了。
Kate: You wouldn't do a thing like that!
凯特:你不会那么做的!
Jason: Of course I would!
杰森:我当然会那么做!
Kate: But I'm your favorite, you wouldn't be so mean to me, would you?
凯特:我可是你最爱的人啊,你不会对我那么刻薄的,是吗?
Jason: Who says?
杰森:谁说的?