It sure is hot here.
这儿真热。
Are you kidding me? That's because this is Death Valley.
你开玩笑的吧?那是因为这里是死亡谷。
Well, it is so hot here that I feel like I might die.
嗯,这里好热,我都觉得我可能要热死了。
Did you know that this is the lowest, hottest, and driest point in North America?
你知道这里是北美洲海拔最低、最热和最干的地方吗?
No, I didn't, but I believe it.
不,我不知道,但我相信这一点。
The hottest air temperature ever recorded was in 1913. It was 57 degrees Celsius.
有记载的最高气温发生在1913年,达到了57℃。
Wow, that's incredible. That is so hot. How can anything survive there?
哇,真难以想象。那也太热了。那里能有什么东西存活下来呢?
Not much does. Only the toughest desert plants can survive.
很少。只有生命力最为顽强的沙漠植物可以生存。
Is this the only interesting thing about this place?
这是这个地方唯一有趣的事情吗?
Oh, no. You can see sand dunes, salt flats, and other interesting geological formations.
哦,不是。你可以看看沙丘、盐滩和其他有趣的地质构造。