Dan: What are you watching on TV?
丹:看什么电视节目呢?
Tom: Do you know which country is the narrowest in the world?
汤姆:你知道世界上最狭长的国家是哪个吗?
Dan: Sorry, I have no idea. What is it?
丹:不好意思,我不知道。是哪个国家呢?
Tom: That is Chile in Latin America Continent.
汤姆:是拉丁美洲的智利。
Dan: Why is it so?
丹:为什么是它呢?
Tom: Spindly Chile stretches 4,300km, over half of the Latin America Continent.
汤姆:智利地形狭长,绵延4300千米,超过拉丁美洲的一半。
Dan: It must be from the driest desert in the world in the North to massive glacial fields in the South!
丹:那就包罗了北面最干燥的沙漠,到南面广袤的冰川啊!
Tom: You are right. There are volcanoes, geysers, beaches, lakes, rivers, steppe and countless islands.
汤姆:你说对了。这里有火车、间歇喷泉、海滩、湖泊、河流、大草原和数不尽的岛屿。
Dan: Wow. That is like everything I want in a country.
丹:哇,包括了所有我想去的景点啊。
Tom: Yeah. You are right.
汤姆:是的,你说对了。