Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We always hope for the best possible result or outcome.
我们总是希望能得到最佳可能的结果,
but what is the "best" way to use this expression? Best of both worlds.
但是如何才能最好地使用这个表达呢?两全其美
How do you like biking to work?
你喜欢骑自行车去工作吗?
Oh, I love it! It's fun and I actually get to work faster!
我很喜欢!骑自行车很有趣,并且我还可以很快到达公司。
Wow, it seems like biking is the best of both worlds.
哇,似乎骑自行车是两全其美的方式啊。
It's fun and, in a city like DC, the fastest way to get around!
骑自行车很有趣,而且是在华盛顿这样的城市四处游玩最快捷的方式。
Definitely! So, when are you going to get a bike? !
是啊!所以你准备啥时候买自行车呢?!
You say something is the "best of both worlds"
你会用"两全其美"来描述某个东西,
if you can enjoy the benefits of two very different things at the same time.
如果你同时喜欢两种完全不同事物带来的优势。
Biking is both fun and convenient, two qualities that do not always go together.
骑自行车既有趣又便捷,这两种品质并非总是同时兼备。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!