Hello. It’s Tom. I recommended the hotel, it was a…
你好,我是汤姆。我推荐的酒店,它是……
Tom. Everyone, shall we gather round and hear what Mr Socrates has to say? Please.
汤姆,大家应该聚在一起听听苏格拉底先生要告诉我们什么。
Hey… what’s your name… Paul.
你叫什么? 保罗。
Yeah you. Don’t you think I should be sitting in the big chair?
对,你,你不觉得应该由我来主持吗?
Sorry. Yes of course. There you go.
抱歉,当然,你来吧。
Now. Tip Top Trading. I gotta give it to you straight.
那么Tip Top Trading的员工们,我要有话直说了。
Things ain’t looking good, in fact the outlook is gloomy.
事情并不好,事实上,前景暗淡。
The global recession has led to a meltdown in the plastic fruits sector.
全球经济衰退导致塑料水果业垮台。
And I’ve got to announce a profit warning.
我不得不宣布盈利警告。
We just ain’t selling enough of these bananas, oranges and lemons to make any money.
我们不能售出足够多的香蕉、橙子和柠檬来赚到钱。
There’s a bit of an economic squeeze on lemons! What? !
这是对柠檬的经济压榨! 什么?!
Oh dear. I’m not sure what he’s talking about but it sounds bad.
上帝。我不确定他在说什么,但是听起来不妙。
It is Anna. He’s delivering some bad news without hiding the truth.
是的,安娜。他没有掩藏事实,而是在告诉你们坏的消息。
That’s why he said “I’ve got to give it to you straight”.
这就是他为何说:我要有话直说了。
He said “the outlook is gloomy” which it means the future doesn’t look good.
他说“the outlook is gloomy”(前景暗淡)意味着未来不妙。
And he mentioned a “profit warning”, which means company profits are probably going to go down.
他提到“盈利警告”意味着公司的盈利可能一直在下降。