Welcome to English in a minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
If you listen to American English, you might hear this phrase: Fair Weather Friend
如果你听美式英语,你可能会听到这个短语:酒肉朋友
What do weather and friends have to do with each other? Listen and find out:
天气和朋友相互之间有什么联系呢?让我们听听看
Bill sure was friendly when he needed our help moving to his new house.
当比尔需要我们帮他搬入新居的时候,他真的非常友好。
But, since we asked him to help us move, we can't reach him.
但是,当我们叫他帮我们搬家的时候,我们却找不到他。
I have always thought he was a fair weather friend.
我一直觉得他就是一个酒肉朋友。
He is only a friend when he needs something. You can't count on him.
当他需要某些东西时就是朋友,我们指望不上他。
Fair weather is good weather.
Fair weather是指好的天气。
A person who is a fair weather friend is loyal in good times, but not when things get difficult.
一个酒肉朋友的意思是,他只在顺利的日子里是朋友,不幸的日子里就不再是朋友了。
So if you are in trouble or facing tough times, a fair weather friend probably won't stick by your side.
因此,如果你在困难时刻需要帮助,一个酒肉朋友是不会站在你身边的。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!