Better late than never.
迟到总比不做好
It's 2 decades late.But better late than never.
这迟了20年,但是迟到总比不做好。
He bought a house when he was sixty.But it's better late than never.
他到60岁才买了房,但是迟买总比没有好。
A:My name is Sorie, and today's question is how good is your eyesight?
我是索瑞,今天要讨论的问题是:你的视力有多好?
B:My eyesight? I don't wear glasses actually. My eyesight I would say is extremely good.How about you?
我的视力?我不戴眼镜。我的视力好极了。你呢?
A:Mine is terrible. I actually need contact lenses. And if I don't have my contact lenses on,I cannot even walk properly.I would bump into doors and walls.That's how bad it is.
我视力很差。我要戴隐形眼镜。如果我不戴隐形眼镜的话,那我甚至都不能正常走路。我会撞到门和墙。我的视力就是这么差。
B:Are you long-sighted or short-sighted?
你是远视眼还是近视眼?
A:Long-sighted.And I regretted not protecting my eyesight when I was young.
远视眼。我后悔年轻的时候没有保护好自己的视力。
B:Better late than never.You should protect your eyesight from now on.
亡羊补牢为时未晚。你应该从现在起保护好你的视力。
A:You're are right.Better late than never.
你说得对。亡羊补牢为时未晚。
adv. 极其,非常