Hello again and welcome back to English at Work.
大家好,欢迎再次回到职场英语。
Last time we heard the team from Tip Top Trading having a smashing time at the launch of its plastic aubergine.
上次说到Tip Top Trading团队在塑料茄子发布会上出现了惊人的一刻。
Tom threw one at Dave from the IT department, but it missed him and went through a window!
汤姆向技术部的戴夫扔茄子,但没打中,却打破了玻璃。
It's time for Paul to hand out some harsh words.That behaviour just isn't on.
这下保罗该要讲些严厉的话了。你们的行为太不合适了。
Sorry Paul… but it was quite funny wasn't it?No it wasn't.
对不起,保罗,不过很有意思嘛?并没有。
Sorry Paul, Tom was just angry with Dave.
抱歉,保罗。汤姆只是和戴夫生气。
I thought he liked me but we saw him with Julie from accounts.
我以为他喜欢我,可我们看到他和会计部朱莉在一起。
Really? He seemed such a decent chap… anyway, don't do it again. OK?
真的?他看上去像是个正派的小伙子,总之下次别这样了,好吗?
In the meantime, you're going to have to pay for that broken window.
还有你得赔偿那块碎玻璃。
What… hey? Bbbut…Now, excuse me, I need to take this.
什么?但……抱歉,我接下电话。
Hello, Paul Smith speaking.Ah, Mr Socrates… yes… ah, you've heard…
你好,我是保罗·史密斯。苏格拉底先生,你好。是的,你听说了。