Make
赚钱
👇
① I make a lot of money.
我赚了很多钱。
② I make no money.
我赚不到钱。
Make本身也表示挣钱,
不用money,后面直接+钱,
也表示你挣到的钱数,比如:
① I make three thousand per month.
我每个月挣三千块钱。
② The plan could cost you more than you would make.
这个计划会让你入不敷出。
③ Don't spend more than you could make.
别花你挣不到的钱。
有道理,说得通
有点相当于 I agree. 我同意。
这个在口语中非常常用。
比如你的朋友提出一个计划/想法,
你表示(不)同意,就可以说:
① Ok, it makes sense.
好的。
② Ok, makes sense.
好的,有道理。
③ Why did she do a thing like that? It doesn't seem to make sense.
她为什么会那么做?这有点说不通哎。
④ What? It doesn't make sense.
什么?这没道理啊。
Make somebody do something
强迫某人做某事
这个在口语中也非常高频。比如:
① Don't make me.
别逼我。
② My parents always make me do my homework before I go out.
我爸妈总在我要出门前逼我写作业。
Make the meeting
/the party/Tuesday etc.
能去参会/参加party/星期二的事情
和make it意思非常像,比如:
① I can't make it.
我去不了。
② I can't make it to the meeting.
这个会议我去不了。
也可以说:
I can't make the meeting.
这个会议我去不了。
③ I'm sorry, I can't make Friday after all.
抱歉,最终我周五还是去不了。