嘿,你能给我买个纪念品吗?像是故宫里那些很酷的东西。
Souvenir /,suːvə'nɪə/
纪念品
The Forbidden City
故宫
I’ll be on the lookout for something like that. I guess those Forbidden City souvenirs are selling well. Can’t believe they did 1.5 billion yuan in sales.
我会留意的。故宫那些纪念品卖的很好吧。 不敢相信他们的销售额居然有15亿人民币。
Sell well
卖的很好
The new iPhone isn't selling well. That's why prices are dropping.
新的iPhone卖的不好。这就是为什么降价了。
The cookies I made sold well. They were all gone in an hour.
我做的小饼干卖得很不错。一小时就全卖完了。
Do/generate…in sales
产生了/带来了…销售额
We did $100,000 in sales last month. It was our best month yet.
我们上个月的销售额达到了10万美元。 这是我们目前做得最好的一个月。
The ad generated millions in sales for the company.
那个广告为公司带来了数百万的销售额。
I should visit the Forbidden City in the near future. The U.S. just returned a bunch of relics. Maybe they’ll be on display soon.
我近期应该去逛逛故宫。美国才归还了一堆文物给中国。可能近期会展出来。
In the near future
近期,不久的将来
I'll see Carol in the near future. I'm going to Europe next month.
我近期会见到Carol。我下个月去欧洲。
That's not gonna happen in the near future. You don't need to worry about it.
近期是不会发生的。你不需要担心。
I can’t believe that guy hoarded all those cultural artifacts from around the world.
我都不敢相信那个人居然囤积了来自世界各地的文物。
Hoard [hɔːrd]
囤积
My roommate hoards a lot of stuff. She doesn't like to throw anything away.
我室友囤了很多东西。她什么都不想扔。
My grandpa hoards a lot of glass jars. I don't know what he does with all of them.
我爷爷囤了很多玻璃罐。我不知道他拿这些来做什么。