1. Expression:knuckle sandwich
Explanation:A punch in the mouth. (一记老拳,迎面一拳)
Example:This chap deliberately jostled Wally so he turned round and gave him a knuckle sandwich.
这小伙子故意挤了一下澳利,于是澳利转过身来猛地给了他一拳。
If you don’t stop bothering me, I’m gonna give you a knuckle sandwich.
你要是还来烦我,我就当嘴给你一拳。
If you keep mocking me, you're going to get a knuckle sandwich!
如果你继续嘲笑我,我就给当嘴给你一拳。
情景对话:
A: Hi, man. I heard you were scratched by your wife at the bar. Is is real?
嗨,老兄。我听说你在酒吧被你老婆抓伤了,是真的吗?
B: Sorry, I am quite busy now. I don’t have time talking to you.
对不起,我现在很忙,我没有时间和你说话。
A: Come on, dude. Tell me about it.
快点儿,你这家伙,告诉我怎么回事。
B: I warn you to shut up. Otherwise, you’ll be given a knuckle sandwich!
我警告你闭嘴,否则,小心吃我一拳。
2. Expression:white-knuckled
Explanation:Causing intense fear, anxiety, or stress. (引起强烈恐惧、焦虑或压力的)
Example:My son absolutely loves those white-knuckle roller coaster rides, but I have no stomach for them!
我儿子非常喜欢那种惊险刺激的过山车,可是我对它没胃口。
It was a bit of a white-knuckle moment when the truck came so close to us on the highway.
当卡车在高速公路上离我们如此之近时,这时候是令人非常紧张。
Life in the mountains hardened me until I didn’t feel white-knuckled and felt no weakness in mind or body.
山里的生活使我变得坚强了——我心里再也不感到恐惧,身体也不那么虚弱了。
He said that he got white-lnuckled because these people were not men and women at all, but devils, and that this was an enchanted land.
他说他感到恐惧——说这些人都不是人,而是些魔鬼;说这儿是受了魔法蛊惑的地方。