A: He has a girlfriend already.
他已经有女朋友了。
B: You're kidding. He just broke up with Ann.
开玩笑吧。他刚和Ann分手。
A: His new girlfriend is a far cry from Ann. She's like a breath of fresh air.
他的新女友与Ann完全不同。她就像一股清风,令人心旷神怡。
B: I hope I will meet her soon.
我希望我能很快见到她。
01
a far cry from
大相径庭;相去甚远
The movie was a far cry from the book it was based on.
这部电影与原著相差甚远。
The hotel was a far cry from the pictures on the websites.
这家酒店与网站上的图片相差甚远。
The apartment is a far cry from the house we used to live in.
这个公寓和我们以前住的房子不太一样。
02
a breath of fresh air
一股清新的空气(形容令人感到宽慰,清新或新颖的事物)
Let's go outside for a breath of fresh air.
我们出去透口气吧。
Her positive attitude is a breath of fresh air in our team.
她的积极态度对我们团队来说是一股清新的气息。
The newborn baby is like a breath of fresh air to the whole family.
新生儿对全家来说就像是一种全新的气息。
03
You are kidding!
你在开玩笑吧!
You're kidding/joking.
You must be kidding/joking.
Are you serious?