Lesson 9 Thank you for thinking of me
谢谢你想到我
Good morning.This is "Hello America."I'm Jake Seltzer.
早上好,这里是“你好,美国”节目,我是杰克. 萨尔茨。
Today we'll be talking with Abbott Larkin,President of International Computer.
今天我们请到了国际计算机的总裁阿尔伯特·拉金来参加我们的节目。
Mr.Larkink,your company is the largest computer manufacturer in the country.Is that right?
拉金先生,您的公司是全国最大的计算机制造公司,对吗?
Yes,that's right.
是的,你说得对。
Mr.Larkin,what is the most important developent in the computer business today?
拉金先生,您认为在当今计算机业的发展中,最重要的成就是什么?
That's a good question.Jake.
杰克,这个问题提得好。
But I'd rather not talk about today.I'd rather talk about tomorrow.
但我不想谈今天计算机业的发展,我倒愿谈谈计算机业的明天。
The future of the business world.
商业界的未来。
Exactly.I think American business will be stronger in the future.
你说对了,我想美国经济在未来将更强大。
What do you think will make business stronger?
你认为是什么会使得经济更加强大呢?
I believe that computers will be the next big industry.
我相信计算机将是下一个重要的产业,
And I believe International Computer will be a leader.
而且我认为国际计算机公司将会在这个行业中起带关作用。
How will the computer industry make American business stronger?
计算机业将怎样使美国经济变得更强大呢?
I think more and more people will use computers.
我认为越来越多的人将会使用计算机,
Every American home will have a computer.
每个美国家庭都会拥有一台计算机,
That's what I expect.Why?
我想将来一定是这样。为什么?
I go to schools offices all over the country.I talk to many people.
我到了全国各地的学校和办公机构,走访了许多人,
Frankly,people would rather not use typewriters anymore.Especially office workers.
坦白地说,人们现在不愿再用打字机了,尤其是办公室职员。
What about students?
学生呢?
Students would rather not do their homework by hand.
学生们不愿再手写作业了,他们更愿意用计算机。
They'd rather use computers.
拉金先生,您用计算机吗?
Mr.Larkin,do you use a computer?Yes,I do.Even for personal letters.
是的,我用。即使是定私人信件我也愿意用计算机。
I'd rather use a computer than write by hand.
国际计算机公司今天将会发布一条新闻,是吗?
International Computer has a new announcement coming up today.Is that right?
我想等一会儿在会议上宣布,
I'd rather wait until the meeting to make the announcement.But I will say right now
不过现在就透露一些,
we're introducing a very important new computer.what is it?
我们将推出一款非常重要的新型计算机。是什么呢?
Well,I guess your viewers will hear it first.
嗯,我想今天看这个节目的人是第一批听到这个消息的。
It's a new personal computer that has twice as much memory as the competition.
这是一款新的个人电脑,内存是其他竞争对手的两倍。
That's all I can say right now.
这就是我现在能说的所有内容。
Thank you for talking with us today,Mr.Larkin.
谢谢您今天参加我们的节目,拉金先生。
We look forward to hearing about International Computer's newest computer.
我们期待听到国际计算机公司新型电脑的进一步情况。
We just spoke with Abbott Larkin,President of International Computer.
我们刚刚与国际计算机公司总裁阿尔伯特。拉金交谈过,
He thinks American business will be stronger in the future.Stronger than ever.
他认为美联社经济在未来将变得更强大。比以前任何时候都强大,
And he also believes that computers will be America's next big industry.
他还认为,计算机行业将是美国下一个重要的产业。
He thinks more and more people will use computers every year.
他认为每年都会有越来越多的人使用计算机。
He believes every family will have a computer in the future.
他认为将来每个家庭都会拥有一台计算机。
And he hopes International Computer will continue to be a leader in the computer industry.
他希望国际计算机公司在计算机行业里继续保持领先的地位。
That's our repot today from the annual meeting of the Computer Manufacturers of America.
这是我们今天来自美国计算机生产商年会的报道。
This is Jake Seltzer for WEFL.
我是杰克。萨尔茨。WEFL 电视台为您报道。
Cut.
停
Mr.Larkin,thanks for speaking with me.
拉金先生,谢谢您接受我们的采访
Jake,I think you cover the business world very well.
杰克,我认为你的财经报道节目做得非常好。
Thank you,Mr.Larkin.I hope our viewers agree with you.
谢谢,拉金先生,但愿我们的观众和您的感觉一样。
Are you happy at WEFL,Jake?Well, I enjoy reporting.
杰克,你在WEFL 做得开心吗?嗯,我喜欢报道。
Would you rather stay at WEFL or try for a job in New York City?
你愿意呆在WEFL还是想在纽约找一份新工作呢?
I'd rather try for a job in New York City,of course.
我当然乐意在纽约找一份新工作了。
The President of WBIG is a friend of mine.
WBLG的总裁是我的朋友。
I know he wants some good new business reporters.
我知道他想要一些优秀的商业记者。
Really?If you're interested in talking to him.I could call him for you.
是吗?如果你有意找他谈谈,我可以给他打个电话
Or you could call him yourself.
或者你可以自己给他打个电话联系。
I'm very interested.Thank you for thinking of me.
我非常感受兴趣,谢谢您能想到我,
I think I'd rather call him myself.
我想我还是自己给他打电话吧。
I hope you'll use my name when you call him...
你给他打电话时可以提我的名字......
You can reach him at this telephone number.Thank you,Mr.Larkin.
你可以打这个电话跟他联系。谢谢,拉金先生。
I look forward to hearing about your interview at WBIG.
我希望尽快看到你在WBLG的访谈节目。
I look forward t talking with you again.
我希望能有机会再次和您交流。
And this is an end of lesson 9.
第九课已经结束了。