Lesson 7 What were you doing when men landed on the moon?
人类登月的时候你在做什么
Here's an interesting article.
这儿有一篇有趣的文章.
There's a new plan to send a rocket to Mars.
有个新计划要把一枚火箭发射到火星上去.
To Mars.I dreamed of going to Mars.
到火星上去,我梦想到火星上去.
I dreamed of going to the moon.
我梦想到月球上去.
Remember those great television pictures?
记得那些伟大的电视画面吗?
What were you doing when men landed on the moon?
当人类登上月球时,你在做什么?
I was watching television at college.
我正在大学看电视.
I was making a movie.
我正在拍电影.
I was playing at school.
我正在学校玩.
No,you weren't. I was very young.
不,不可能. 当时我很小.
Well,it was a long time ago.Boy,I feel old.
噢,这是很久以前的事了. 伙计,现在我觉得自己老了.
I was holding my new baby when they landed.I was crying my eyes out.
当他们登陆时,我正抱着我刚出生的孩子.我激动得痛哭流涕.
George Watts!Or should we call you Uncle Ben...Welcome back.
乔治.瓦茨! 或者我应该称呼你为本大叔?...欢迎你回来,
Tell us why you were crying.
告诉我们你寻时为什么哭.
I was crying because I was so happy.
我哭声是因为我太高兴了.
The nurses in the hospital were watching televisions.
医院的护士们正在看电视.
The astronauts were saying those famous words,
宇航员正说着那句著名的话:
"One small step for man,one giant leap for mankind."
我迈出的一小步,对人类来说却是一大步."
It was a beautiful moment.
那是个美妙的时刻.
The baby was crying. I was crying.The nurses were clapping.
孩子在哭,我也在哭,护士们在鼓掌.
That's nice.What brings you to the studio?
真是太好了.是什么风把你吹到演播室来了?
Well,I jsut came back from Paris yesterday,and I decided to come here and say hello.
噢,我昨天刚从巴黎回来,就决定来这儿和大家打个招呼.
Good.Sit down.What were you doing in Paris?
好极了,请坐.你在巴黎做什么?
I was trying out for a new movie.
我当时试拍部新戏.
You were eating all that good Parisian food.
你肯定吃遍了巴黎所有的美食.
Well,I ate some very good meals,that's true.
真的,我吃了好几顿美联社餐.这是真的.
But what's new here? Did you see the papers? No.
这儿最近有什么新闻吗? 你看报纸了吗? 没有.
While you were away,we were reviewed by all the papers. Oh,really?
你不在时,所有的报纸都评论我们. 噢,真的吗?
"Murder at Midnight" was called the best new show of the year.
<午夜凶杀>被评为今年最好的电视剧.
The critics said Steven was a brilliant young director.
评论家们说,史蒂文是个出色的年轻导演.
And Mary Beth was given excellent reviews.
玛丽受到了嘉评.
Charles got great reviews too.
查尔斯也得到了评论家的赞美.
But Jeff had the best reviews of all.
但是杰夫得到了最好的称赞.
Where is Jeff? He's rehearsing with Steven.
杰夫在哪儿? 他正在与史蒂文一起排练.
While you were away,Jeff's father went to the hospital. OH,no!
你不在时,杰夫的爸爸住院了. 噢,不.
He was moving furniture when he felt a pain in his chest.
他在搬家具时感到胸口一阵疼.
A few minutes later,Jeff's mother found him on the floor.
几分钟后,杰夫的妈妈发现他倒在地板上.
Where was Jeff? He was here at the studio.
杰夫当时在哪儿? 他在演播室这儿.
He was rehearsing when the call came.
当电话打来时,他正在排练.
I was talking to Jeff when Rita came with the message.
当丽塔来告知这个消息时,我正在与杰夫说话.
Where's Jeff now? Upstairs with Steven.
杰夫现在在哪儿? 与史蒂文在楼上.
Well,I'm going to find him and say hello.
噢,我去找他问候一下.
I'll see you later. It was nice seeing you. Come back again soon.
回头见. 很高兴见到你. 早点儿回来.
This is the end of the Lesson 7
第七课已经结束了。