Many years later.
多年后。
Edward the Longshanks,King of England.
英格兰国王长腿爱德华。
supervised the wedding of his eldest son.
为他的长子证婚。
who would succeed him to the throne.
他将承袭他的王位。
Amen.
阿们。
As bride for his son.
至于长子的新娘。
Longshanks had chosen the daughter of his rival,the king of France.
长腿选了他敌手法国国王王的女儿。
It was widely whispered that for the princess to conceive.
当时谣言四起,为使公主受孕。
Longshanks would have to do the honors himself.
长腿得由自己代劳。
That may have been what he had in mind all along.
那是他心存许久的邪念。
Scotland... my land.
苏格兰 我的土地。
The French will grovel to anyone with strength.
法国人会对强者趋炎附势。
but how will they believe our strength.
他们又如何相信我们是强者。
when we cannot rule the whole of our own island?
但若我们无法一统海岛?
Where is my son?
我儿子呢?
Your pardon, milord.
对不起,吾王。
He asked me to come in his stead.
他要我来代表。
I sent for him, and he sends you.
我召唤他,他却派你来。
Shall I leave, milord?
要我离开吗?吾王。
If he wants his queen to rule when I am gone.
他要女皇在我驾崩后统治天下。
then, by all means, stay and learn how.
留下学着如何来统治。
Please.
请。