I love to associate with my fellow teachers.
我喜欢跟其他老师交往。
We meet at least twice each week at the Faculty association meetings.
在每星期的教师协会例会上,我们至少有两次的碰面。
At these meetings, we ofter talk about our classes over a wonderful snack of assorted fruits.
会上,我们常常是一面享用各式各样的美味水果,一面谈论各自教授的课程。
We're a close-knit group, although we're quite different in character.
我们是一个融洽的整体,尽管性情各异。
Jane is one of my most astute coleagues.
简是我认识的最机敏的老师之一,
She teaches a course in astronomical phenomenon.
她教授关于天文现象的课程。
Her students are often astonished when she talks about "black holes" and her theory of the shrinking universe.
每当她谈起“黑洞”和她的宇宙缩小论,学生们都惊讶不已。
But she is careful to assuage their concerns.
但她又会体贴的消除他们的忧虑。
She assures them that her theory is based on a number of assumptions that my turn out to be unture.
她向学生们保证,她的理论是建立在若干假设基础之上的,这些假设将可能被证明是错误的。
My friend Bob teaches nuclear physics.
我的朋友鲍勃教授核物理学,
He says it's all about atoms, atomic particles and atomization.
他说这是一门关于原子、原子微粒和原子化的课程。
I assume he knows what he's talking about.
我认为他对他所谈论的一切已经烂熟于心。
He must know, given how assuredly he speaks about the subject.
他谈起核物理时是如此自信,想必是术业有专攻。
Mary teaches religion.
玛丽教宗教,
However, she is an atheist.
但她自己却是个无神论者。
She has an excellent sense of humor.
她及其幽默,
She often jokes about how she may end up having ti atone for not believing in God.
常常开玩笑说她最终可能要为不信仰上帝而赎罪。
Jim is our school's physical education teacher.
吉姆是我们学校的体育老师。
He's natural athlete and he loves basketball.
他是名天生的运动员,热爱篮球。
He never fails to astound us with his ability to dunk a basketball backwards without looking.
我们总是惊讶于她不回头看就能背投中的扣篮技术。
Lastly, there's Sally, our teacher of geometry.
最后还有我们的几何老师莎莉。
She likes to talk about symmetrical and asymmetrical triangles.
她喜欢谈论对称和不对称的三角形。
Frankly, it drives me crazy to think about those things.
坦率地说,考虑那些玩意能把我逼疯。
But I like her stimulating personality.
但我喜欢她那种能激励人的性格。
She probably knows how to turn a boring subject into a fascinating one.
她肯定知道如何将一个无聊的话题变得趣味盎然,欲罢不能。
As for me, I teach art.
至于我自己,我教艺术。
It brings out my creative side.
艺术能发挥出我富有创造性的一面。