21 Escape
逃避
I live an isolated life in a small basin between two mountain ridges at the edge of an ocean.
在海边的两座山脊间不大的盆地上,我过着远离尘嚣的生活。
Due to the bad soil, the land is barren.
由于土质太差,这里可谓是不毛之地。
However, I have a barn full of animals that supply me with all the food I need.
但我得谷仓里注满了动物,让我吃喝不用愁。
There’s nothing more satisfying than basting pig meat over a barbecue.
天下之乐事莫过于野餐时往烤猪肉上抹油了。
The weather is pretty good.
天气还不错,
There is always enough rain to fill my water barrel.
我的水桶总能装满雨水。
But sometimes, a fierce storm will batter the barn all right.
但有时,一场狂暴的大雨能把谷仓嘭嘭拍上一整夜。
The rough life I lead has made me look and feel like a barbarian.
生活的艰辛让我看起来活像个野蛮人,而我自己的感觉也是如此。
The heat from the sun has baked my bare skin brown.
炙热的太阳将我裸露的皮肤烤成棕色。
I haven’t been to the barber for two years.
我有两年没去理发师那里剪头发了。
As a result, I think I would be bashful if anyone found me.
所以,我想我会羞于见人。
I don’t have any money but I don’t need it.
我没钱也不需要钱。
You can’t buy anything here.
这里什么也买不到,
You can’t even barter.
即便是物物交换都不可能。
However, I’m not completely out of touch with civilization.
然而,我并没有完全脱离文明社会。
Every few months, I can hear the sound of an ocean barge passing in the distance.
每隔几个月,我都能听到远处海上的驳船经过这里时的声音。
I always run to the ocean side to see it.
我总是跑到海边去看船,
It reminds me that I’m still human.
它提醒着我原来我还是个人。
You might think that I’m barely surviving but the opposite is true.
你也许会认为我几乎无法生存,但事实恰恰相反。
This is the only place where I can escape the horrible war in the city.
只有在这里,我才能远离城中可怕的战争。
In my mind, I can still hear the barrage of gunfire smashing through our wooden barriers.
我的脑海里依然回荡着枪林弹雨轰然粉碎木质障碍物的声音。
I can still remember spending months, helplessly barricaded in the basement of one of our many, once beautiful, baroque style buildings.
我依然记得那几个月躲在一幢曾因其式样美观而风光一时的巴罗克式建筑的地下室时的无助场面。
My life is more peaceful now.
现在我的生活平静多了。
Perhaps after the war, I’ll find my way back home.
也许战争结束后,我会踏上回家的路。
What’s that I hear?
那是什么声音?
It’s the bark of my dog.
是我的狗在叫。
I’ve got to run.
我得跑步了,
Another barge is passing by.
又有一艘驳船过来了。