39 The Collaboration
协作
There's nothing more powerful than collaboration between colleagues.
没有什么力量能比同事间的协作更强大的了。
How does that coinage go?
那句新造的话是怎么说来的?
“Two heads are better than one.”
“三个臭皮匠赛过一个诸葛亮。”
I wonder who coined that phrase.
不知是谁新造了那个说法。
A collective effort can render even the most confusing problem coherent.
集体努力能将最为错综复杂的问题变得条理清晰,
Coherence is the key to understanding and resolving dilemmas.
而条理清晰正是理解和化解种种窘境的关键所在。
By coincidence, my best friend and I ended up working at the same advertising firm.
纯属巧合,我最好的朋友和我竟在同一家广告公司工作。
We've had a cohesive relationship ever since we accidentally collided into each other on bicycles in college.
自从在大学里意外骑车相撞后,我们之间就建立起了紧密的联系。
Fortunately, nobody was hurt from the collision and we quickly became friends.
幸好那次碰撞事件中没有人受伤,我们很快成了朋友。
Since then, we have cohered through thick and thin.
打那以后,无论艰难险阻,我们都会团结一致,并肩作战。
Remember the market collapse of 1967?
还记得1967年的市场崩溃吗?
When he needed a loan to recover from his losses, I helped him.
当他需要一笔贷款来弥补损失时,我伸出了援助之手。
When I needed collateral to secure a home loan, he helped me.
当我需要抵押品来担保一笔家庭贷款时,是他帮助了我。
When a snake coiled is 4-year-old son and sent him to the hospital, we were there with him all right.
当他4岁的儿子被蛇缠住、送进医院时,我们两一起守护了他一整夜。
The cohesion benefits both sides and makes each side twice as strong as before.
这一凝聚力对对方都有利,并使得每一方变得比以前坚强上两倍。
That's why I'm so glad that my colleague and I are collaborating on this special project.
所以,我很高兴能在这个特别的项目上与我的同事合作。
There's nothing coincident about how we ended up in the same group.
我们能分到同一组毫无巧合可言。
However, it is a coincidence that the starting dates of our present collaboration coincides with the time we first met last year.
但确实凑巧的是,我们目前这个合作项目的开始日期碰巧跟去年我们第一次相遇时的日期相同。
So what is the purpose of our collaboration?
那么,我们合作的目的何在?
Our purpose is to come up with an advertising slogan that's catchy and that uses colloquial English.
我们的目的就是要想出一个既引人注目又语言通俗的广告词。
By using a colloquialism, we hope we can turn the slogan into a household phrase.
通过使用通俗语言,我们希望这一广告词能成为家喻户晓的用语。