My mother?
这是我母亲?
At the summer house on Lake Pontchartrain.
那是在庞恰特雷恩湖拍的。
When I was a boy, I'd love to wake up before anyone else...
我小时候喜欢比别人早起床。
run down to that lake and watch the day begin.
然后跑到湖蛔看日出。
It was as if I was the only one alive.
感觉全世界只有我活着。
Your mother's name was Caroline Murphy.
你母亲的名字是卡罗兰墨菲。
She worked in your grandfather's kitchen.
她在你爷爷的厨房打杂。
She was from Dublin.
她来自都柏林。
In 1903, Caroline and all her brothers and sisters came to live here...
卡罗兰和她的兄弟姐妹,1903年移民到这里。
in New Orleans.
新奥尔良。
I'd find excuses to go down to that kitchen...
我总是会找借口到厨房。
just so I could look at her.
就为了看她一眼。
April 25th, 1918. Happiest day of my life.
1918年4月25日,我这辈子最快乐的一天。
The day I married your mother.
我娶你母亲的那一天。
Why didn't you just tell me?
你为什么不告诉我?
I plan on leaving everything I have to you.
我打算把我的一切留给你。
I have to go. Where?
我得走了,去哪里?
Home.
回家。
And what does he think, anyway?
他是怎么想的?
He think he can just show up, everything supposed to be fine and dandy.
他只要出现一切就很美好?
Everybody just supposed to be friends.
大家都是老友?
Well, he got another thing coming, that's for sure.
他想得美。
God be my witness, he got another thing coming.
我发誓,我不会让他称心如意。
He left us $ 1 8 that night you was found.
我发现你那晚他只留下18块。
Eighteen ratty dollars and a filthy diaper.
18块钱和一块脏尿布。
Good night, Mama.
晚安,妈妈。
Good night, baby.
晚安,宝贝。
Did I ever tell you I was struck by lightning seven times?
我说过我被闪电打中七次吗?