万用句型背一背:
1.Nowadays this starting salary is not high based on my skills and experienc.
在当下,凭我的技术和经验这个起薪并不高。
2.You point out a reality.But I don't share your solution very much.
你指出了一个事实,但我不是很赞同你提出的解决方法。
3.I don't think we can make the deadline.So we'd better make some modifications.
我认为我们不会按期完成。所以我们最好做一些调整。
4.According to our research,we need a drastic change in our strategies.
根据我们的研究,我们需要彻底改变策略。
5.Let's be wrapped up in the discussion.
我们好好讨论一下。
身临其境练一练:
本对话选自《Kyle XY》(神奇凯尔)。本段是Stephen打电话给老板Brad的对话,他想通知员工公司要裁员,Brad非常气愤,从中可以学到与老板激烈讨论时使用的语言。
锦囊妙语学一学:
1.layoff:n.解雇,裁员
Workers were re-employed after the layoff.
在暂时被解雇不久后工人们又被再度雇用了。
2.get carried away:冲昏头脑,失去控制,忘乎所以
The other day I went shopping for clothes.At first,I had only planned to spend 50 dollars to buy some pants and a shirt.But I got carried away and spent 250 dollars.
前几天我去买衣服,本来我只计划花50美元买些裤子和衬衫,不过我一下失去控制花了250美元。
3.break the bad news to sb.:委婉地把坏消息告诉某人
The ability to break bad news to travellers more sympathetically is one reason London Underground is keen to increase its number of female drivers.
女性地铁司机能够将坏消息更加委婉地告诉地铁站等车的游客们的能力是英国地铁公司正在增加女性司机的原因之一。