After that, they're just people.
一时之后,他们还是一样。
Who will excite you, disappoint you...
他们会令你激动,他们会令你失望。
scare you a little bit.
会令你感到有点害怕。
And, boy, I know how tempting it is to run away when that happens.
我知道当发生了那些事情后,一走了之有多么大的诱惑力。
It's good for avoiding things. But the problem is you end up...
对于逃避确实有好处,但是最后你逃避的。
avoiding yourself.
是你自己。
Avoiding people you love.
逃避那些你所热爱的人。
You end up avoiding life.
最后你逃避的是生活。
So, I've decided to start setting an example for you girls.
所以,我决定为你们树立榜样。
I'm going to try showing you what sticking it out looks like.
我要让你们知道如果你直面它会是什么样子的。
Really get to know people.
你将会真正了解别人。
And let people get to know us.
并且让别人真正了解你们。
I don't promise to be any good at it, but I will try.
我不能保证对此一定有什么好处,但是我会尝试。
Because I want you and Zoe to be better at this than I am.
因为我希望你和周在这方面比我强。
I want you to learn how to let people in.
我希望你们学习如何接纳别人。
He's a sweet boy. I think it would be worth it.
他是一个好男孩。我认为你值得给他一个机会。
Turn it over. Everything always has two sides.
翻过来,每样东西都有它的两个面。