Chapter 26 Hollywood and Celebrity Heartthrobs.
第26章好莱坞及好莱坞影星
David: Are there any actors or actresses that you like? Who are your favorite movie stars?
你喜欢哪些演员?你最喜欢的影星是谁?
You: Yes, I’ve got a few favorites: Tom Hanks ,Tom Cruise, and Ben Affleck. I like them very much.
我喜欢好多明星。如:汤姆 · 汉克斯,汤姆 · 克鲁斯,本 · 阿福来克等。
David: Those guys are known as heartthrobs.
这些人很让人心动。
You: What does that mean?
什么意思?
David: Heartthrobs are men who make the heart of women throb.
就是让女人心动的男人。
You: Oh, I see. They are quite handsome and attractive.
我明白了,他们很帅,很有吸引力。
David: Many American movies center around these movie stars. Do you have any thoughts about these kinds of American movies?
许多美国影片的卖点就是这些明星。你对这类美国电影有什么看法?
You: I think these American movies do not reflect real life. They may be inventive or well-produced, and they may have famous stars and handsome actors, but the stories are so far from reality that they are not instructive or meaningful.
我觉得美国电影不反映现实生活。尽管美国电影构思独特,设计新颖,制作精细,而且有很多偶像派的明星,但故事太脱离实际,没有什么精神价值。
David: So maybe these movies are more about the action, but there’s no moral to the story.
也许这些电影更多的关注情节,因而缺乏实际的社会意义。
You :Exactly! I couldn’t have put it better myself!
没错,我就是这个意思!