She's been sleeping in class a lot.
她经常在课堂上打瞌睡
And do you know what her explanation for this is?
你知道她的理由是什么吗?
- No. - She says it's her late work hours.
- 不知道 - 她说她必须值夜班
She tells her classmates she's working as a kitchen assistant...
她说她在你的餐馆当助手
in your restaurant to earn her room and board.
为了赚住宿费和餐费
- I see. - Lf I actually believed...
- 原来如此 - 如果她是真的
that Zoe was working late hours at a restaurant...
每天在餐馆打工到深夜
I'd need to contact Child Protective Services.
我就得通知儿福联盟
- That won't be necessary. - I know that.
- 没有这个必要 - 我知道
It's better for everyone when children are well cared for by their relatives.
小孩由亲人照顾对大家都好
I'd hate to see Zoe end up in foster care after all she's been through.
我不想看到她被送到寄养家庭
But I'm confident that you will address this...
我相信你能解决问题
and there will be no need to go that far.
我也不必通知相关单位
I'll be checking in on Zoe, and we'll talk again soon.
我会注意柔儿,然后再跟你谈
And then Mr. Daniels' cell phone rings...
丹尼尔老师的手机响起…
and he answers it and talks through the whole class. It was so funny.
然后整节课都在讲电话,超好笑的
Zoe, we need to talk about something.
柔儿,我们得谈谈
You can't come to work with me anymore.
你不能再跟我去餐馆了
Why not?
为什么?
Because I'm afraid they're gonna take you away from me.
我怕他们会把你带走
- But I like going to the restaurant. - I know.
- 可是我喜欢去餐馆 - 我知道
I know you do, but it's just not right for a little girl to be up so late, you know.
可是小女孩不能待到那么晚
- You don't want me there. - No, that's not true.
- 你不要我去那里 - 并不是这样
No, you just need to get a good night's rest.
你每晚应该要好好睡觉
You hear me?
听到了吗?