Where did you find this place? I first came in because of the name.
怎找到来?受到店名吸引。
Hmm. Serendipity. It's one of my favorite words.
“情有独钟”,我最喜欢。
It is? Why? Uh-huh.
是吗?
Cause it's such a nice sound for what it means: a fortunate accident.
为什么?意思好,机缘巧合。
Mm. Except I don't really believe in accidents.
我相信一切命中注定,没有意外。
I think fate's behind everything. Oh, you do?
我相信一切命中注定,是吗?
Yeah. Fate's behind everything?
是的,一切命中注定?
I think so. Everything's predestined?
我认为是,一切命中注定?
We don't have any choice at all? I think we make our own decisions.
即是说,我们不可以选择?可以选择,不过…
I just think that fate sends us little signs,
我只是认为命运会安排一些征兆。
and it's how we read the signs that determines whether we're happy or not.
要留意徵兆,才得到幸福。
Little signals. Yeah. Yeah.
留意徵兆?
Fortunate accidents. Lucky discoveries. Columbus in America.
机缘巧合:哥伦布发现新大陆。
Yeah, or Fleming discovering penicillin. Penicillin.
弗莱明发明盘尼西林。
Fleming is his name? Yes.
原来是弗莱明发明的。
Or "Jonathan and the Gloves."
又例如:庄纳顿与手套?
I don't know that one. You don't know that story?
我倒没听过。
It's an old folk tale classic.
没听过?家传户晓的民间故事啊。
And in a perfect act of "serendipiocity" or "serendipaciousness,"
机缘巧合,或者机缘巧遇之下…
Our hero, Jonathan, goes out in search of black gloves.
主角庄纳顿四出寻找黑手套。
he runs into a beautiful, attractive English girl with a boyfriend.
邂逅一位名花有主的英国佳丽。
You have a boyfriend, right?
你有男友吧?
And you have the glove lady. Yes, I do.
你也有手套女友。