Eve, thanks so much for coming with me.
谢谢你陪我来,不要客气。
You're welcome.Sara, you know, it's a wonderful thought.
一切天公早有安排…
The idea that all of life, that every single event is part of some master plan...
而我们迟早邂逅梦中人…
designed to lead us to our universal soul mate.
这种想法很美妙,不过…
But if that's really true, then what's the point of living?
假如是真的,做人有什么意思?
Or making decisions? Hell, why should we even get out of bed in the morning?
为什么还去抉择?还去生活?
For the cake?
为了吃蛋糕?
No. Not for cake.
不是为了蛋糕。
So that you make mistakes.
为了犯错,这次来纽约…
Mistakes like this trip.
也是犯错。
And if you're smart enough, you learn from your mistakes.
为了从错误中汲取教训。
You figure it out. You-You think.
从而觉悟到,人生不是…
You realize that life isn't some elaborate stage play with directions for the actors.
布局周详、有条不紊的剧本。
Life's a mess, Sara.
人生本来就是…
It's-It's chaos personified.
杂乱无章的一回事。
I have to give it all up now, don't I?
我应该放弃,是不是?
Sara, you have a fiance who,
你有未婚夫,虽然他的音乐…
despite his weird Eastern music,
古灵精怪,不过希望…
which we hope is just a phase, let's hope,
只是一时的兴趣。
loves you very, very, very much.
他深深爱着你。
It's not giving up. It's growing up.
你不是应该放弃,是应该成长。