And I had a hunch that he was...
我有种感觉 他
Like me, so I told him.
和我一样 所以我告诉了他
Ah. See, you said this was a first.
你说那是第一次
I forgot.
我忘了
John? A crack in your story, john?
这是故事的疑点哦
A touch of senility.
我年纪大了
Anyway, he said yes,
然后 他说是的
But from another time, another place.
但来自不同年代 不同地点
We talked for two days.
我们整整聊了两天
It was all pretty convincing,
所有事情都非常有说服力
But we couldn’t be sure.
但是我们不能确信
We each confirmed what the other said,
我们互相证实了对方说的话
But how do we know if the confirmation
但我们也不知道这些证词
Was genuine or an echo?
是亲身经历还是随声附和
I knew I was kosher,
我知道我是真的
But I thought, "maybe he’s playing a game on me. "
但我想 "也许他在耍我"
You know, a scholar of all we spoke about.
就像我们口中的全知学者
He said he was inclined with the same reservation.
他说他也保留这种想法
Now, that’s interesting.
有意思
Just as we can never be sure,
就像我们永远不能确信
Even if we wanted to-
即使我们很愿意相信
I mean, if we were sure,
我是说 如果我们确信了
You couldn’t be sure of that.
你也无法相信我们
We parted, agreeing to keep in touch-
我们分开 同意保持联络
Of course, we didn’t-
当然了 我们并没有
And 200 years later I thought I saw him
然后200年以后 我觉得我在
In a train station in brussels.
布鲁塞尔的一个火车站看到他了
Lost him in the crowd.
他消失在人群里
Oh, what a shame.
哦 太可惜了