There's no buttons, really.
一个按键都没有 真的
You --you know it was like a touch and something miraculous happen. You scroll.
好像只要轻轻一碰 神奇的音乐即现 只要一转
I feel like Steve Jobs should have a gang sign.
我觉得史蒂夫·乔布斯应该有一个帮标
Like this is gang sign.
这个就是乔帮的帮标
The headphones became a style icon.
耳机 变成了一种潮物
You would wear them on the street
在大街上戴着耳机
and you're immediately an Apple person.
你就是一个果粉
And you wear them on the subway,
在地铁里戴着耳机
you're immediately little bit cooler than everybody else at first,
就立刻比别人更酷一些
cause you're a Apple person.
因为你是个果粉
The once communal medium of music is transformed into an almost exclusively private experience.
曾经的音乐分享形式是公开的 现在变成私密的听觉体验
I grew up in the '50s.
我成长于五十年代
I was a member of the juke box generation.
我们那一代人还听点唱机
This is my juke box. Thanks to Steve.
现在这就是我的点唱机 多亏了史蒂夫
But the iPod come upons a growing problem.
但iPod也带来一个日益突出的问题
Fans turn to a illegal file sharing websites like Napster
果粉们逐渐通过像Napster之类的
where they can download songs for free.
非法分享网站 免费下载音乐
And that spells trouble.
问题由此而生
Not only for the music industry
不仅是整个音乐产业
but for the artist who want exposure while protecting their livelihood.
还有那些既要赚认知度 又要捍卫收入的音乐人
There was someone saying ,look,
有人曾经说 拜托
by downloading music for free we're doing you a favor.
让人们免费下载歌曲其实是在帮你们
These people are knowing about you.
这样可以让人们认识你
And that's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard in my life.
而这是我这辈子听过的最荒唐的事情
Everyone's scrambling and trying to figuring out what do we do.
所有人都一筹莫展想知道该如何应对
Do we sue everybody?
要把所有人都告上法庭吗
Do we sue the 14-year-old kid on his mom's computer stealing your music?
难道要告那些从妈妈的电脑上非法下载音乐的14岁孩子吗
Music travels by word of mouth and word of heart,
音乐通过口口相传 通过心灵交流
and it's impossible to hold it back.
想收回是不可能的
When you have people making millions and millions of dollars off of something
当有人用你赖以营生的劳动成果赚得盆满钵满
that is your livelihood and you're getting nothing out of it that's just unfair.
而你则连一个子都没有得到 这实在是太不公平了
What the music industry needs is a touch of genius.
音乐产业需要的是一个天才的想法
There almost needed to be an outside perspective that could come in and shake things up.
现在他们需要一个局外人帮他们走出困境
The business would become to so stagnant.
整个产业变得死气沉沉
It really needed to jump forward like light years.
需要一个跳跃性的进步