And a promise not to stand you up this time.还向你保证这次绝不放你鸽子
stand sb up:失约
First she agreed to come out with me, then she stood me up.
她先是同意跟我出去,后来又爽约了。
You are back so early! Your girlfriend stood you up again, did she?
回来这么早!女朋友又放你鸽子了吧?
This party will be the best thing that ever happened to us.这个宴会是我们大展拳脚的好机会
happen to:碰巧; 正巧
We happen to hold the same view.
我们两人的想法不谋而合。
I happen to have the official statistics with me.
我碰巧身边有官方的统计数字。
Absolutely. I have some business I'd like to discuss with you as well.正好,我也有公事要跟你谈谈
as well:也;又
He is a friend in word as well as in deed.
他是个言行如一的朋友
Actually, I came to speak with you.其实,我是来找你谈谈的
speak with:和 ... 谈话
She spoke with studied politeness.
她故作有礼地讲话。
They wanted to speak with us for a few minutes.
他们想和我们谈一会儿话。