I began to think that I had found a friend, and I answered him at once.
我意识到我找到了一位朋友,我马上告诉他:
It's not Flint's ship.
那不是弗林特的船,
Flint is dead, but there are some of Flint's men aboard, and that's bad news for us.
弗林特已经死了,但船上有几个是弗林特的同伙,这是个不幸的消息。
A man with one leg?he asked, fear in his voice.
他们中有个一条腿的人吗?他问,声音中有恐惧。
Silver?I asked.
西尔弗吧?我问。
Yes ,Silver,he said,that was his name.
对,这就是他的名字。
He's the cook, and their leader ,too.
他是船上的厨子,也是那帮人的头头。
And I told him the whole story of our voyage, and the danger we were now in.
我把这次航行的来龙去脉都讲给他听,也告诉他我们的危险处境。
You're in trouble, Jim,he said when I'd finished.Well, Ben Gunn will help you.
你们很危险,吉姆,他说。不过,本·葛恩会帮你们的。
Will your squire be generous if I do, do you think?
如果我帮你们脱险,那位乡绅先生会不会比较慷慨?
I don't want him to give me a job,
我的意思不是让他给我一个工作。
but will he give me one thousand pounds out of money that's really mine?
能不能让他从本来就是我的钱中拿出1000英镑来作为酬劳?
I'm sure he will,I said.
我相信他一定愿意,我说。
And take me home on your ship?
而且让我坐你们的船回去?
关于《金银岛》
然而,到了20世纪中期,评论家对其作品进行了新的评价,开始审视史蒂文森而且将他的作品放入西方经典中,并将他列为20世纪最伟大的作家之一。