I'd rather have someone in the house than no one at all.无论如何,都比家中空无一人好
rather than:宁可 ... 也不愿;与其 ... 倒不如
I prefer to walk there rather than take a bus.
与其坐公共汽车去,还不如走路去。
It is a telex rather than a letter.
与其说它是一封信,不如说它是一封电传。
at all:完全; 根本
I don't think that's a bad idea at all.
我看这完全不是个坏主意。
I assure you that you will feel no pain at all.
我保证你根本不会觉得疼的。
you're planning on moving back home.你要搬回家住了
plan on:打算
We are planning on visiting him next month.
我们打算下个月去拜访他。
They plan on coming at Christmas.
他们计划耶诞节来。
As far as I'm concerned, he stays.在我看来他还是继续住着吧
as far as I'm concerned:我认为, 就我来说
As far as I'm concerned, the beige one is better.
就我而言,米色的那个更好。
As far as I am concerned, I'm not against your plan.
就我而言,我并不反对你的计划。