第一、赏析语段
This surprised Dairyman Crick,who appeared never to have thought of milk as a drink.
这让奶场工克里克感到惊讶, 他仿佛从来没想过牛奶也能这么喝似的。
"Oh,if you can swallow it, have some," he said, holding the bucket for her to drink from.
“哦, 如果你喝得下, 就喝吧。”他说, 拿起了一个小桶让她喝。
"I haven't touched any for years. It would lie in my stomach like a stone, so it would.Now, try that one and see how you get on."
“我好几年没碰过它了。喝了它就像胃里放了块石头似的,是这样的。那么现在,你去挤那头牛,看看你干得怎样。”
And he pointed to the nearest cow.
他指着最近的一头牛说道。
As soon as Tess was on her stool under the cow, and the milk was pouring between her fingers into the bucket, she really felt that her new life was beginning.
苔丝坐到了奶牛下面的凳子上, 牛奶从她的指间流泄到桶里, 她真地感觉到她的新生活开始了。
As she relaxed,she looked around her.
在她歇息的空隙, 她环顾了一下四周。
第二、写作佳语
think of:想起,记起,想到
e.g. I can't think of his name at the moment.
我一时想不起他的名字。
e.g. Oh, I can't bear to think of it!
啊, 我简直不忍心去想它.
for years:很久,多年
e.g. For years they had been betraying state secrets to Russia.
他们多年来一直在向俄罗斯泄露国家机密。
e.g. This rumour has been bruited about for years.
这个谣言已传播多年了。
get on:取得进展,有起色
e.g. Livy's getting on very well in Russian. She learns very quickly.
莉薇的俄语很有起色,她学得非常快。
e.g. When he came back to see me I asked how he had got on.
他回来看我的时候,我问他进展如何。
point to:指向......
e.g. At midday both hands point to twelve.
正午两个指针都指向十二点。
e.g. Then in the yellow light he'd point to pictures and paraphrase the news items.
在黄色的灯光下,他手指着一张张图片,讲解一条条新闻。
as soon as:一......就......
e.g. Come here as soon as you finish the work.
工作一结束你就到这里来。
e.g. Welfare payments cease as soon as an individual starts a job.
一旦就业,即停发福利救济。
look around:环顾,四处张望
e.g. Concentrate your mind on study.Don't look around.
专心学习,别东张西望的。
e.g. Look around you before crossing the streets.
在横过马路的时候先朝各方面看看。