In Prison vs. at Work
蹲监狱和上班
IN PRISON... You spend the majority of your time in an 8x10 cell.
在监狱里…… 你大部分时间待在8x10大小的牢房里。
AT WORK... You spend most of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.
上班时…… 你大部分时间待在6x8大小的格子间里。
IN PRISON... You get three meals a day.
在监狱里…… 你一天吃三顿饭。
AT WORK... You only get a break for one meal and you have to pay for it.
上班时…… 你只有一次工间休用来吃饭,而且这顿饭是要付钱的。
IN PRISON... You get time off for good behavior.
在监狱里…… 你表现好的话会获得减刑。
AT WORK... You get rewarded for good behavior with more work.
上班时…… 对你表现好的奖赏就是更多的工作。
IN PRISON... A guard locks and unlocks all the door for you.
在监狱里…… 有看守为你开关所有的门。
AT WORK... You must carry around a security card and unlock and open all the doors yourself.
上班时…… 你得随身带着门禁卡自己动手开所有的门。
IN PRISON... You can watch TV and play games.
在监狱里…… 你可以看电视和玩游戏。
AT WORK... You get fired for watching TV and playing games.
上班时…… 如果你看电视和玩游戏就会被解雇。
IN PRISON... You get your own toilet.
在监狱里…… 你有自己的马桶。
AT WORK... You have to share.
上班时…… 你得和别人共用马桶。
IN PRISON... They allow your family and friends to visit.
在监狱里…… 你的家人和朋友们可以来探视你。
AT WORK... You cannot even speak to your family and friends.
上班时…… 你甚至都不能和家人和朋友们通话。
IN PRISON... All expenses are paid by taxpayers with no work required.
在监狱里…… 你的所有费用是由纳税人支付的,你都不需要用劳动来换取。
AT WORK... You get to pay all the expenses to go to work and then they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.
上班时…… 你得支付为了去上班而产生的所有费用。另外还要从你的工资中扣除税款以支付监狱里那些犯人的费用。
IN PRISON... You spend most of your time looking through bars from the inside wanting to get out.
在监狱里…… 大部分时间里,你透过栅栏望向外面想要出去。
AT WORK... You spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside bars.
上班时…… 大部分时间里,你想着出来到酒吧里去。
IN PRISON... They ball-and-chain you when you go somewhere.
在监狱里…… 你只有在要去某些地方时才会被带上镣铐。
AT WORK... You are just ball-and-chained.
上班时…… 你就是被禁锢了。
IN PRISON... You get your own room.
在监狱里…… 你拥有一个单间。
AT WORK... You have to share.
上班时…… 你得和别人共处一室。
IN PRISON... You can join many programs which you can leave at any time.
在监狱里…… 你可以参加很多活动,而且可以随时离开。
AT WORK... There are some programs you can never get out of.
上班时…… 总有些活动避无可避。
IN PRISON... There are wardens who are often sadistic.
在监狱里…… 有些看守是施虐狂。
AT WORK... You have managers.
上班时…… 你是有上司的。
IN PRISON... You have unlimited time to read jokes.
在监狱里…… 你有的是时间看笑话。
AT WORK... You get fired if you get caught.
上班时…… 如果你看笑话被抓到的话就会被炒鱿鱼。