So...
这么说
Fire & Ice?
主题是冰与火
It's astonishing how your mother managed
你妈以她自己的双重性格
to model the theme of your engagement party
给你这个订婚派对
after both sides of her own personality.
起的主题名还真是掷地有声啊
You told me to ask mom about the secret she's been hiding.
你让我去问她那个掩盖的秘密
Well, she told me.
她已经原原本本告诉我了
What did she tell you exactly?
她和你说了些什么
The truth.
真相
That David Clarke
大卫·克拉克就是
is Charlotte's biological father,
夏洛特的亲生父亲
and everything she's been through
还有她不得不背负这个秘密
having to carry a terrible secret like that.
所经受的那些磨难
Wait a minute. Everything she's been through?
等一下 什么叫她经受的磨难
Come on, Daniel.
拜托了 丹尼尔
If you're this easily manipulated by your mother,
如果你这么容易就被你母亲操控
I shudder to think what Emily is gonna do to you
那艾米莉为了成为你的妻子所耍的阴谋
as your wife.
就真让人不寒而栗了
So the rumors are true?
看来传言是真的呀
Grandpa. How you doing?
爷爷 最近怎样
I heard you went out and got yourself engaged.
我听说你搬出去了 还订婚了
Ah. Can't wait to meet the lovely lady.
真迫不及待去见见我那孙媳妇
As one marriage begins,
一段婚姻开始了
I understand, another one's coming to an end.
而另一段婚姻的终结了
Dad.
爸
Vicky called me.
维姬都告诉我了
Of course she did.
就知道会这样
The idea was to keep our separation discreet.
我们本来打算慎重考虑离婚的
But what the heck?
可那又怎样
Give us a moment, will you, Dan?
丹 让我和你爸谈会 好吗
Oh, sure.
好的