本段对话选自Friends,《老友记》
Well I guess you can start by driving a cab on Another World.
我想你可以从“另一个世界”开计程车开始。
What
什么?
That audition.
不是有试镜机会?
Thats a two line part.
那只有两句台词。
Joey you owe 1100 at I Love Lucite.Lucite:
你欠“我爱树脂”1100 块钱。
So what.
怎么样?
So suck it up man its a job its money.suck it up:
所以就认命吧,老兄那是工作,钱。
Hey look I dont need you getting all judgmental and condescending and pedantic.
听着,我不需要你那一套说教。
Toilet paper
卫生纸?
Yeah.
是。
Look Im not being any of those things ok Im just being realistic.
听着,我没有那样,我只是很实际而已。
Well knock it off youre supposed to be my friend.
别说了 别说了,你是我的朋友才对。
I am your friend.
我是你的朋友。
Well then tell me things like Joey you'll be fine .
那你就该劝我说“Joey 没问题的”。
And Hang in there and and Somethin bigs gonna come along I know it.
“撑下去你会得到大角色的,我知道”。
But I dont know it. What I do know is that you owe 2300 at Isnt it Chromantic.
但是我不知道,我只知道你欠“缤纷世界”这家店 2300 大洋。
Hey Ross Im aware of what I owe.
我知道我欠多少。
Ok well then get some sense. I mean it took you what 10 years to get that job.
那就讲一点道理啊,你奋斗了十年才得到那份工作,
who knows how long its gonna be till you get another.
谁知道下一个机会还要等多久。