What about your classes?
你的课程上得怎么样?
I'm not a student anymore, Jack.
我不再是学生了 杰克
Well, you're here, and you're learning.
呃 你在这里(旁听) 学习
Sure sounds like a student to me.
于我而言 你跟学生没什么分别
If you want me gone...
如果你想赶我走...
Why would I want you gone, Steven?
我为什么要赶你走啊 史蒂夫?
I'm glad that you're here.
我很高兴你愿意待在这里
Whether you're paying or not.
付不付学费都没关系
Now, you're always carrying this notebook around.
现在 你经常拿个本子闲晃
You obviously fancy yourself as an artist.
貌似你自诩是个艺术家吧
Why don't you sit in on some design classes?
为什么不去上个设计类的课程呢?
No. Well, I like the idea of art, the beauty.
不 呃 我喜欢艺术之美
But only in the right context.
但是仅限于言之有物的那种艺术
Just not as a career. I don't have the necessary talents.
但是我并不想以此为职业生涯 我没有那种天分
But aren't you interested in electronics? What about engineering?
但你不是对电子设备感兴趣吗? 工程类课程如何?
There's a growing market for qualified technicians. What about that?
合格的工程师的就业前景看涨 你看这主意怎么样?
I don't want to spend my parents' money to get a degree and become something as forgettable as an electrician.
我不想花我父母的钱去读取一个学位了事 而且不想成为...这么容易被人淡忘的电气工程师
Excuse me, what,a degree is a waste of time now? So...
等会儿 什么 读取一个学位是虚度光阴? 因此...
For some.For others it offers validation. Job security.
对某些人而言是的,对另外一些人而言 它是很有效的证明 工作保证。
Steve... I'll see you around.Steven.To be continued.
史蒂夫... 拜拜 史蒂文。那下次再聊
What are you working on?
你在干什么?
Nothing, really. It's homework for calligraphy class.
没什么 书法课的家庭作业而已
It's beautiful.Yeah, the teacher's this monk, or something.
很漂亮啊,是的 这门课的老师是一位僧侣。
A monk?Yeah. Robert Palladino.
僧侣?是 他叫罗伯特 帕拉迪诺
He's totally inspiring.
他的课非常有启发性
My name's Julie.
对了 我叫茱莉