Practice Time
练习时光
Liz: You're already back from New York. What was your trip like?
利兹:你已经从纽约回来了。旅行怎么样啊?
John: It was just great.
约翰:棒极了。
Liz: Wasn't it too crowded, busy, and never-racking?
利兹:那里不是又挤、又忙碌、又紧张的吗?
John: There were many people everywhere even at night. Especially in midtown, Manhattan, everyone seemed to be rushing about everywhere.
约翰:那里甚至在晚上都熙熙攘攘。特别是在市中心曼哈顿,更是人潮滚滚。
Liz: Where did you go in New York?
利兹:你都去了纽约的哪些地方?
John: We visited the Statue of Liberty, the South Street Seaport Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Cloisters.
约翰:我们参观了自由女神像、南街海港博物馆、大都会艺术博物馆和修道院博物馆。
Liz: Did you go up to the top of the Empire State Building?
利兹:你登帝国大厦了吗?
John: No, we wanted to, but we ran out of time and had to choose between the Cloisters and the Empire State Building. We ended up agreeing on the Cloisters.
约翰:没有,我们本来想去,但是时间不够了,所以不得不在修道院博物馆和帝国大厦之间做出选择。我们最后达成了一致意见去修道院博物馆。
Liz: What did you like best?
利兹:你最喜欢哪个地方?
John: Everything was wonderful, but my favorite stop was Washington Square.
约翰:都很棒,不过我最喜欢驻足的地方还是华盛顿广场。
Liz: It sounds like you really had a wonderful trip, I wish I could go.
利兹:看来你真是度过了一次愉快的旅行。真希望我也能去。