重点讲解:
1. hang out
闲逛,逗留;
eg. We get along so well, our sons should hang out.
咱们这么合得来,应该让咱们的儿子也一起玩 。
eg. I'm just going to the mall to hang out with some friends.
我只是要去购物中心和一些朋友闲晃而已 。
2. meet up
(约定在某处)相会,碰头;
eg. We tend to meet up for lunch once a week.
我们往往每周共进一次午餐 。
eg. My intention was to have a holiday and meet up with old friends.
我原本打算度个假,跟老朋友们见见面 。
3. end up
最终;结果;
eg. How does the story end up?
这个故事是怎么结尾的?
eg. You could end up running this company if you play your cards right.
你要是处理得当,到头来这个公司能归你掌管.
4. give up on
对…绝望;对…不抱希望;
eg. He urged them not to give up on peace efforts.
他力劝他们不要放弃对和平的努力 。
5. eg. My teachers gave up on me.
老师们对我不抱任何希望了 。
5. in the end
最后;终于;
eg. But to return, they didn't get married in the end.
言归正传,他们最后并没有结婚 。
eg. Things worked out well for Jeanne in the end.
对珍妮来说事情的最终结果不错 。
6. keep on
重复;继续;
eg. Did he give up or keep on trying?
他是放弃了还是在继续努力?
eg. My wife keeps on saying that I work too hard.
我妻子总说我工作太辛苦了 。
7. as far as sb. is concerned
就…而言;在…看来;
eg. As far as I am concerned, he's nothing but hot air.
我看他只会讲空话 。
eg. As far as the people who killed Levinson are concerned, you're poison.
对那些杀害莱文逊的人来说,你可是个祸根 。
n. 服装,剧装
vt. 提供服装,为 ...