本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》
Daniel:Well, thanks for everything you did today.
丹尼尔:谢谢你今天所做的一切。
Betty:You're the one who saved the day.
贝蒂:你是今天的救星。
Daniel:Yeah, but you're the one who brought Sofia here.
丹尼尔:嗯,但索菲亚是你带来的。
Betty:Well, yes.
贝蒂:嗯,对。
I just thought she needed to see you in a different part of town.
我以为她想在城里别的地方看到你。
Betty:Did she catch her plane?
贝蒂:她赶上飞机了吗?
Daniel:She decided to postpone her trip.
丹尼尔:她决定推迟她的行程。
Betty:Oh, congratulations.
贝蒂:哦,恭喜。
Daniel:Same to you.
丹尼尔:你也一样。
She told me about the job offer she made to you.
她告诉我关于她给你的工作了。
Betty:Oh, no, Daniel.
贝蒂:哦,不,丹尼尔。
I…it came out of nowhere.
哦,这消息是空穴来风。
I didn't even take her seriously.
我根本没当她认真的。
I would never…I mean…I could never...leave you.
我决不...我意思是...我永远不会...离开你。
Daniel:It's a fantastic opportunity.
丹尼尔:这是个很棒的机会。
Betty:I'm happy
我很开心。
Daniel:Betty, you didn't grow up wanting to be my assistant.
丹尼尔:你不是为了当我助手而成长的。
You have your own dreams.
你有自己的梦想。
I would never stand in your way.
我绝对不会阻碍你的。