重点讲解:
1. as long as
只要;
eg. We can overcome the difficulties as long as we are organized.
只要我们组织起来,我们就能克服困难。
eg. As long as we don't ask for financial aid we are left undisturbed.
只要我们不要求财政支持,就不会受到干涉。
2. each other
彼此;互相;
eg. We looked at each other in silence.
我们相顾无言。
eg. They clinked glasses and drank to each other's health.
他们碰杯互祝身体健康。
3. bon appetit
(法)愿你有个好胃口;
eg. There is no english equivalent for "bon appetit", so we have adopted the french expression.
英语中没有“祝你好胃口”的对应语,所以我们借用了法语表达法。
eg. She explained to the waiter who she was, adding 'bon appetit,' to us before saying goodbye.
她向服务生介绍了自己的身份,在挂电话前还对我们说了句“祝你们好胃口”。
4. agree to do sth.
同意;应允;答应做某事;
eg. Those who agree to this plan please put up their hands.
同意这个计划的,请举手。
eg. To my disappointment, my father doesn't agree to buy me a new bike.
我父亲不同意给我买新脚踏车,我很失望。
5. care about
关心;在乎;在意;
eg. They don't care about the expenses.
他们不在乎费用。
eg. It'seems true that top executives measure, or try to monitor, what they care about.
高级经理们看来确实需要估量或设法监督他们所关心的事。
n. 预定,保留意见