本段对话选自Friends,《老友记》
Okay, we have to talk. I'm just getting out of very serious relationship...
好吧,我们得谈谈。我刚结束一段认真的感情。
I know! And I'm just getting out of a marriage. I mean talk about “meant to be”!
我知道,我还不是刚从婚姻中摆脱出来。这一切都是“天意”!
Right! I just think that this is happening too soon.
没错!可是,我觉得这发生得太快了。
Oh, too soon, too schmoon. Face it honey. I am not letting you get away this time.
得了,哪儿快了。勇敢面对吧,这次我决不会让你跑掉啦。
I hear ya. But! Unfortunately, my company is transferring me overseas!
我知道,但是,很不幸,公司要派我出国!
Oh no! Where to? To Paris?
哦,不要,去哪,是巴黎吗?
No! No! Not, Paris.
不,不。不是巴黎。
To London? No-no, Rome? Vienna? Ooh-ooh, Barcelona?
伦敦?不,不,罗马?维也纳?哦,巴塞罗那?
Okay, could you just stop talking for a second? Yemen. That's right, yes. I'm being transferred to Yemen!
好了,你能不能停一会儿别说了?也门!嗯,是的,我被派到也门去了。
When?
什么时候?
I don't know exactly.
具体还不大清楚。
Ugh, well I will just have to soak up every once of Chandler Bing until that moment comes.
喊,我会一直陪伴着你,直到你出发的那个肘刻。
But I do know that it's some time tomorrow.
可我知道它是明天的某个时候。